文プロ(Bunpro): オノマトペ Deck - April 8th, 2024 - Japanese Grammar and Vocab SRS

Hi,

@pushindawood
I just became a lifetime member because I really enjoy using Bunpro. But there is one thing that could be improved in my opinion. I have some reviews which I always get wrong, just because i don’t know the verb im supposed to use. I believe one example is “cheap”. It would be nice if you could show the infinitive of the verb for people who doesn’t know it yet.

I would like to try out the android alpha as well.

2 Likes

Just now decided to use Bunpro. It looks good so far :slight_smile: excited to try it some more. I might get the lifetime sub as Japanese grammar is so difficult and Bunpro looks very useful to me !

4 Likes

@pushindawood When I was transitioned to the Lite version of the site, I noticed a few small UI issues that can be improved on mobile.

The button to try a free trial goes off the screen.

If you navigate directly to the reviews page (instead of clicking through the UI) such as what the app does, it looks like it’s stuck.

And just an FYI (cc @Rion) the app’s review count got stuck and wouldn’t update. It said there were 2 reviews, but after starting the free trial it went to 0. Maybe that’s related to the above issue.

1 Like

Can we have a forum on Bunpro where I can ask stupid basic questions about the grammar? My main problem atm is when it seems like there are several possible answers.

7 Likes

It’s probably a good thing to have its own forum now anyway, seeing as how it’s transitioning to a paid service. :thinking:

15 Likes

@pushindawood I’m seeing 1/182 for N3, but I have no N3 items in progress. I went through all 10 sets of items for N3 just to double check, and nothing was highlighted. So something is definitely wrong.

1 Like

I’m about a third of the way through the second level, but for some reason I’ve done a few in the middle of that level, not sure how that happened.

1 Like

I bought lifetime while it’s discounted. Now I’m just waiting for most kinks to be ironed out before I start using it. When it’s actually pay-worthy, I’ll make myself a permanent fixture on the site :slightly_smiling_face:

Excited for a potential forum :smile:

3 Likes

British one also says kcals!

2 Likes

When I do a finalize run, somehow part of the page is missing for the finalize questions, namely I cannot submit a report, nor can I look at the grammar point in question. Did you remove this on purpose?

1 Like

@seanblue Thank you for your feedback. We have designed a new note pen icon that we hope will make it more apparent that you have a note added to that item. We will be adding it to Bunpro soon. We have begun adding N3 sentences and will be picking up the pace at which we add them in the coming days. We will continue to tinker with what alternate answers we display and which ones we may not. For now, the alternative answers displayed are all answers that Bunpro will accept for that particular grammar point’s input. Thank you for drawing our attention to the UI issues on mobile. We will get those sorted out immediately. The grammar point that appears to have been added to N3 (1/182 in progress) is one that you had added and then removed from your review queue. Bunpro stores the progress of grammar points that you have added to your reviews and therefore displays it as still being studied. However, we realize that this may not be the most intuitive approach and will push an update that displays the correct amount of items in your review queue with the next update. Cheers!

@Dwarsen You are absolutely right! They should be exactly the same and now they are! Thank you for your patience. Cheers!

@conan We apologize that you are still experiencing the same bug. We will be pushing a fix with the next update. Thank you for your patience. Cheers!

@Jibister Thank you for your feedback and becoming a lifetime member! Once we have added the new, native-recorded Japanese audio we will begin adding audio to reviews as well as example sentences so that you can practice while you review. We apologize for not having this feature available to you at this time. Thank you for your patience. Cheers!

@Kanrei Thank you for your kind words and your question! You can add furigana to kanji by using Japanese() after the kanji (綺麗(きれい)). We apologize for not including this information in the form for adding your own study questions and will add it in the next update. Cheers!

@MikkaFelipe Thank you for your feedback and becoming a lifetime member! Unfortunately it is nearly impossible to quiz you on adjectives and how they function in a sentence (whether they take な or not) without actually requiring you to recall the adjective itself. In most cases if you enter an adjective that Bunpro is not looking for, but has a similar meaning, Bunpro will help direct you in the right direction without marking you incorrect. When we designed the quizzes for adjectives we also made sure that we chose adjectives pertinent to the JLPT level that you are studying. If Bunpro requires that you conjugate a verb, it will give you the verb alongside the Japanese sentence. If you have any suggestions on how we might improve the quizzes for adjectives or any other grammar point, we would love to hear them! If you would like to become an Android alpha tester, please shoot us an email to app@mail.bunpro.jp with a gmail account. Cheers!

@PietZorz Welcome! Please let us know if you have any feedback or if there is anything that we can do to improve your experience. Cheers!

@Franken and @rfindley We hope to have dedicated Bunpro forum up and running soon. Stay tuned! Cheers!

3 Likes

@VegasVed Thank you for becoming a lifetime member! We hope that we can live up to your expectations. Cheers!

@NicoleIsEnough Thank you for your feedback. We are not able to reproduce this on our end. Currently, Bunpro does not display the report button or allow you to view the grammar point’s information until after you have submitted an answer. Are you still unable to submit reports or view the grammar point’s information after submitting an answer? If so, please let us know what browser and operating system that you are using so that we can get to the root of the issue. Cheers!

1 Like

Liking Bunpro so far (bought the lifetime sub). It’s too bad N3 has only 3 sentences, unlike N4 though. Will this be updated soon ? Also the といっても point is duplicated.

2 Likes

Oh, that might explain it :thinking:
I understand that you hide the grammar information, but why do you hide the report button? If there is e.g. something wrong with the sentence, I might want to submit a report even before filling in the grammar.
Anyway, thanks for the explanation!

3 Likes

Hmm, I just got to the example I mentioned concerning みたいに and みたいな and even though the advice I got was conclusive: みたいに is correct here and みたいな makes little to no sense, Bunpro still shows みたいな as an alternative.

Is this how it should be or a mistake?

Sk%C3%A4rmklipp

2 Likes

IIRC, this sentence used to only accept に, but now it also accepts な. I think it is now mistaken too.

Though it would be interesting if there were Japanese people like kanji drills.

3 Likes

@Kalas Thank you for your feedback and for becoming a lifetime member! We are updating N3 with additional sentences as quickly as we can while also being as thorough as possible. Currently N3, Lesson 1 has 12 example sentences and 12 study questions. Thank you for your patience as we continue to update the site with content. Thank you also for letting us know about the duplicate grammar points. We hope to have a fix pushed with the next update. Cheers!

@NicoleIsEnough Thank you for your comment. We had received a lot of “reports” that appeared to be the user entering their answers into the Report Error field, rather than the input field. We believed that this was largely due to the fact that the Report Error button was directly beneath the Submit button and that it was being inadvertently clicked when the user tried to click Submit. We will see if we cannot find a more intuitive way to put it back in. Thank you for your patience. Cheers!

@vargsvans and @BobaGakusei Thank you both for your feedback. This is indeed a mistake and we apologize. みたいな should not be an acceptable answer in this case. Thank you for your patience. Cheers!

3 Likes

@pushindawood Just wondering when the iPhone app will be available? You’ve been saying that it’s almost out of beta and it would be much easier to study on the go if the app was out.

There is a bit left to do due to the new European privacy laws the app has to conform to, but it’s not much left :slight_smile:

1 Like

For ~ない~はない, is there a gramatical reason you can’t use が instead of は?

Also, @pushindawood I don’t see a way to officially delete a note, so even if you clear all the contents it still shows the new circle note icon that indicates there is a note. Not a big deal, but I wanted to mention it.