文プロ(Bunpro): オノマトペ Deck - April 8th, 2024 - Japanese Grammar and Vocab SRS

Polite!? Just use くれます and then this is a polite thing to say?

9 Likes

@ShaunOfTheLive :laughing: Perhaps this one could use a little clarification. Bunpro is looking for the polite (ます)form in this example; the sentence itself is not very polite. Thank you for drawing this to our attention. Cheers!

7 Likes

“Kindly close your mouth and make your honorable departure.” :wink:

16 Likes

Well I guess I’m definitely nabbing that lifetime subscription now (or in a few days at least).
Super excited to do it because my grammar is pretty poor.

3 Likes

@Airdramon You rock! Let us know if there is anything that we can do to improve your experience with Bunpro. Cheers!

1 Like

Update! - February 4, 2019

N2 Lesson 5 now has 12 sentences and 12 review questions!

4 Likes

Thank you!
I actually haven’t been able to get into the app, I downloaded the one linked above (the beta one), but after I login I’m just met with a whirly that spins forever.
I have a Google Pixel running the latest version of Pie.

I’ve included a screenshot for reference:

Hey @pushindawood

Just started using the site again. I played around with it a bit when it was free.
Is there a reason that これ, それ, and あれ are covered, but not どれ?

Looks pretty good though! ^ _ ^

1 Like

@Airdramon Thank you for your feedback. We reported this to the developer. We hope that this issue will be resolved quickly. Thank you for your patience. Cheers!

@Aikibujin Thank you for giving us another shot! どれ is on the list of items to add to the site. Stay tuned! Please let us know if you have any other suggestions or if there is anything that we can do to improve your experience. Cheers!

2 Likes

Super cool to see! Thank you!

1 Like

@Airdramon We have released a new version of the API to the developer which we hope will get everything back up and running soon for you and others. Again, we appreciate your patience and apologize for the inconvenience. Cheers!

@canxbel Welcome! Let us know if you have any questions or if there is anything that we can do to improve your experience. Cheers!

1 Like

Update! - February 10, 2019

N2 Lesson 6 now has 12 sentences and 12 review questions!

7 Likes

I’m currently going through the Japanese From Zero course, the first book is online.

It would obviously be cool if it could get the same treatment as Genki where you could select it as the progression option, but obviously you can’t have that for every Japanese course out there, especially when you are still working on adding grammar.

Anyway, I also noticed that 誰 and なん/なに aren’t in the lessons. Would definitely make solid additions.

I’m currently on lesson 3, but I scanned the rest of the chapters and these are the main things it covers that don’t appear to be on Bunpro:

どれ
こっち
そっち
あっち
どっち
なん/なに
Using の with nouns to create adjectives
Using の with an adjective to create a pronoun (e.g. 美味しいの the delicious one)
Adj [くない]
すき/だいすき
きらい/だいきらい (I wasn’t sure if these would be something you’d cover but you have ほしい, which is similar in my mind)
ほしくない (Don’t know if you cover this under a different rule)
でも
でした
ねん (年)
おねがいします
エス
エム
エル
あと
じん (人)
ご (語) These last ones you might consider more vocab than grammar though.

Anyway Japanese from Zero is a pretty popular resource, so I figured you might be interested in seeing what it covers. I didn’t do a particularly thorough search in Bunpro, so you may already cover some of these.

Cheers! ^ _ ^

2 Likes

@Aikibujin Thank you for your suggestion and compiling this list! We would like to include Japanese From Zero in Paths as well as incorporate some of the items that you have listed into Bunpro in the future. At the moment, we are focused primarily on fully fleshing out N2 material, working our way through user reports/feedback, polishing the site, and adding some missing grammar points in the lower levels. As you alluded to, sometimes it can be difficult to determine what constitutes a grammar point and that is one of the main reasons that we are going back through and adding additional material. We hope to have something available for you soon. Cheers!

8 Likes

Is there currently a hotkey for showing the hints/English during reviews?
I prefer them off, but would like to easily check them once I’ve answered.

Just now found the dark mode for the site, looks fantastic! ^ _ ^

Pressing space toggles between no english → underlined phrase → full english sentence

3 Likes

What’s this about?

I do have something in mind for エス and エム but…

3 Likes

It’s equal to S, M, and L for sizes.

So they might say:

エスの コーラと エムの ポテトを おねがいします。

Please give me a small cola and medium fries.

Here’s the link, but I think you have to create a free account to view it.

Cool! Thankee-sai!