文プロ(Bunpro): Profile Sharing - Feb 1st, 2024 - Japanese SRS Study Site

Yes, I am usung the new beta. Like I said, it is working on my iPhone 7 but when I downloaded it in my iPhone X Max, I cannot login. Every time I will type my username and password, it will only show me the same login page again. Thanks!

That’s great, as I am currently studying for N2,… but somehow I think I would be more interested if the priority was about creating the future points “未” of N4 and N3. Because I’m more afraid of having gap in basic grammar than missing polished N2 points to be honest. Also the Tobira path is a bit sparse right now, there is many missing grammar points.

1 Like

@Arzar33 Thank you for your insight! As soon as N2 has 12 example sentences and 12 study questions we will start filling in the gaps. We would also like to implement a way to incorporate the future grammar points more intuitively so that you are made aware of what has been added and where. We hope to have something for you soon.Thank you for your patience. Cheers!

1 Like

A Request:

I’d love to have a timeline made available for 文プロ like the [Userscript]: WaniKani Ultimate Timeline. It doesn’t have to be anywhere near as fancy as @rfindley’s creation, but I feel like it would be a great help to be able to visualize upcoming reviews.

I was able to use the WK timeline to more-or-less guarantee that I never have more than 30 reviews surface per hour, even at level 60; it’d be nice to be able to plan accordingly for 文プロ in a similar fashion to strategically minimize the size of incoming review batches.

4 Likes

There is a userscript called Planner that does kind of the same thing. However, it only shows the next 24hrs.

4 Likes

Oh awesome, thanks. Didn’t even realize Bunpro had its own community forum all this time!

2 Likes

I didn’t know either until around a few months ago. They really need to do a better job of promoting it, haha.

3 Likes

Can bunpro be used instead of textbooks. Or should I use it alongside one?

Once I get to level 10 on wanikani I want to start learning grammar, so I want to have everything in place, ready to go, before then

1 Like

You can use either way.

I use BP as my main grammar home. I read (almost) every links it provides after adding lessons. And I use A Dictionary of [ . . . ] Japanese Grammar books series as my favourite references.

Other people use Tobira, others use Genki, etc. You can check out PATH feature on BP.

4 Likes

Thanks for the reply

I think I’ll start with Bunpro and see how I like it. If needed I can add a textbook later

1 Like

I strongly recommend a real textbook if you’re a complete beginner with grammar. Bunpro is good for review and has plenty of good resources, but I think you need a textbook that gives you practice exercises at the beginning.

8 Likes

I’m using bunpro for about a month and I think it’s a great tool for studying.

There is just one thing that annoys me immensely.

There are times when there is a few ways to fill the gap, with all the possibilities being correct answers.
Sometimes, when I put in an answer correct but other that the one chosen by the creator of the examples, the information that “we’re looking for a different answer” appears. But in most cases it doesn’t, and even though my answer is grammatically correct, it ends up being incorrect. It happens in like 30% of all sentences during the session, and until I get to remember the correct answer individually for each sentence I’m bond to make those mistakes. And its meaningless, right?
It’s really annoying and makes me want to quit subscribing bunpro, but I can’t do it because apart from that it’s a great tool.
Please fix it and put more effort in creating those example sentences so the bunpro experience becomes flawless and without reasons to become annoyed with something different than just the learner’s own mistakes.

2 Likes

You’re basically expecting the creators to think of, ahead of time, every possible grammatically correct answer to thousands of sentences. That is completely unreasonable. Instead of making a blanket request, why don’t you post on the Bunpro forums and ask about specific sentences and grammar points as you encounter them? Then they can add alternate answers more quickly and efficiently.

9 Likes

@lopicake Thank you for your reply to @jbradleyc! Do you think that relocating the community forums to a more prominent position on Bunpro would make it more accessible for everyone? If so, is there anywhere in particular that you would like to see it? Cheers!

@Karaten Welcome! We agree with @seanblue in that using Bunpro as a supplement to a textbook is probably the best strategy for someone that is just starting out learning grammar. Please let us know if you have any questions or if there is anything that we can do to improve your experience. Cheers!

@kanichan Thank you for your feedback! We are currently going through all of Bunpro’s grammar points, example sentences and study questions with a fine-toothed comb to clean up inconsistencies like these. As @seanblue mentioned, letting us know about specific examples (like the one above) will help us immensely in pinpointing problem items and getting them fixed more quickly. We apologize for the misleading [casual] hint in the above example. This sentence, as well as others on this grammar point have been updated to show the correct hints. Thank you for your patience as we iron out all of the kinks. Cheers!

5 Likes

I only started using Bunpro recently so I haven’t really sunk my teeth into it to give it any feedback, but so far it seems really useful. Also I’m in awe of how active and detailed you guys are with your responses. In this community thread on a different site, no less. Killin’ it.

3 Likes

I would give it a prominent button in the top-right header, maybe like this:

8 Likes

@pahko Thank you for your kind words and for trying out Bunpro. Please let us know if you have any feedback or if there is anything that we can do to improve your experience. Cheers!

@jbradleyc Thank you for your suggestion! Can we have your permission to use your image as our community button? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: We will see what we can do. Cheers!

7 Likes

You have my blessing :wink:

3 Likes

Update! - January 18, 2019

N2 Lesson 3 now has 12 sentences and 12 review questions!

1 Like

Hello, I would like to reiterate my question above (because it somehow got lost in the mixed): why can’t I login in my account via Bunpro app using a second phone/device? Again, I am able to use the app in one phone but I can’t login in another phone––something that I was able to do before. I was wondering if it was because of the update. Thank you.

1 Like