文プロ(Bunpro): オノマトペ Deck - April 8th, 2024 - Japanese Grammar and Vocab SRS

@marcusp Wow! Thank you for your kind words. They really mean a lot to us. Welcome back! Please let us know if there is anything that we can do to improve your experience. Cheers!

@jbradleyc Congratulations on hitting level 60! Yes, we do see what grammar point (shown to us as a direct link) and sentence you are reporting on feedback so that you do not have worry about copying and pasting anything. Here is our thread on Ghost Reviews over at the Bunpro community where we have posted all of our updates and discussed them in more detail. If you like, you can delete the backlog that you have and start fresh by going to Account, Profile, Reset and selecting Ghost Reviews from the dropdown. The “minimal” setting for Ghost Reviews makes it so that a ghost review is only created if you get the same grammar point wrong multiple times in a row and does not affect how they appear in reviews if you already have ghost reviews in your review queue. Ghost reviews are still in their infancy and we are still tweaking them, so having the ability to reduce your workload might be something we could add in the near future. We would love to hear any other suggestions that you might have and would love to see you over at the Bunpro community! Cheers!

3 Likes

Just happened upon this thread and this seems to be exactly what I’m looking for! Any idea when the Android app will be rolled out? I do most of my studying on my phone, so I think I’ll wait till that day to get a subscription :slight_smile: The site looks amazing, I’m excited to try it once I’m past level 10 here :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Leilaure Welcome! We hope that we can live up to your expectations! The Android app is currently in open beta with the full release coming soon. Click here if you would like to become a tester and start using the app right away. Please let us know if you have any feedback or if there is anything that we can do to improve your experience. Cheers!

I need to already have a subscription in order to become a tester, yes? If so I’ll wait a bit until I reach level 10 here. I’m planning to take a holiday break from WK after that to start studying grammar.

@Leilaure You just need to sign up to use the app! Signing up will automatically start you on a free one-month trial that gives you full access to the site. After which you can decide whether or not you wish to continue using Bunpro with a subscription. Cheers!

Ok great! Will do that when I reach level 10 :slight_smile: Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Just want to say that I love this study tool so much; I have been recommending it to everyone. Feel so much more confident now and it is thanks to you. I really hope you are massively successful because you deserve it - you are truly brilliant.

6 Likes

@Hamigakiko Thank you so much for your kind words! It is comments like yours that drives us to be the best we can be. We hope that we can continue to live up to your expectations. Please do not hesitate to let us know if there is anything that we can do to improve your experience with Bunpro or if you have any questions. Cheers!

1 Like

Update! September 3, 2018

New Content:

• N2 Lesson 6 is now live! Over 20 new grammar points!

• N3 Lesson 7 & Lesson 8 now both have 12 example sentences and 12 review questions!

Font Sizing:

• Bunpro is now scaleable. Simply change “Font Size” in your user settings. You can select from 12px, 16px, and 20px font sizes.

UX Changes:

• The Study button now takes you directly to the grammar to be studied.

• Based upon feedback the community has provided, we have made various small changes to the size/spacing of elements across the site as well as to how some parts of the site work to improve your overall experience.

The text you input is now yellow to match the example sentences and so that you can better distinguish the grammar points from the surrounding information.

Your input also changes depending on whether or not you get an answer correct so that you can better visualize your progress.

Please let us know what you think! Cheers!

17 Likes

This service looks so good, and I love the interface. It seems to be exactly what I’m looking for in a grammar resource. I do have a question @pushindawood (sorry if this has been asked before, but I ain’t about to read through 2,114 posts). What is a good WK level to start doing N5 lessons at Bunpro? My main worry is that BP will have a lot of kanji I don’t recognize, which would detract from my learning of grammar since I’d have to worry about looking up kanji. Should I wait until N5 95% on WK, which WKStats states is level 10?

4 Likes

No! I know this question isn’t addressed to me, but if I were you, I’d start with the grammar right away, at the same time as the kanji. And no fear, Bunpro has furigana for when you need it.

7 Likes

Thanks a lot! ^-^ I’ll start looking into it this week then.

2 Likes

Yay more N2 stuff \o/

6 Likes

Wonderful! I can’t comment on the new content except that it’s great to see you plugging away at that. But as for the ux… It really looks a ton better on my phone and I don’t have to squint any more. Thank you!!! It feels genuinely better to be using.

edit: That study button change :sparkling_heart::two_hearts:

1 Like

Love the change to yellow for user-input text. It makes a huge difference in helping me spot typos before I press enter. :+1:

2 Likes

Bunpro has an option to link your WK account, so it will display furigana everywhere except on the kanji you’ve already learned :slight_smile:

You can also click any kanji to toggle its furigana off and on.

Btw, if you don’t have one already I’d recommend installing a browser script that helps you read any Japanese you mouseover. Here’s one for Chrome:

4 Likes

Nice, that helps a lot. Really alleviates my fear of being like, “okay, I understand this tidbit of grammar, but I literally can’t read anything in this sentence” lol.

3 Likes

First of all, thank you so much for all your hard work! As someone living in Japan but without access to in-person lessons or a tutor, I was more than happy to subscribe for the opportunity to regularly practice the grammar I’m studying.

One issue I’ve found with the new update (and I’ll be checking with my cache in a moment to make sure that’s not the issue) is rendering the the input field in light mode.

I’m not sure if something isn’t rendering correctly (since the grammar point information is rendered in blue-green), but it’s quite difficult to see the yellow on a white background.

Again thank you so much, and looking forward to future updates!^^

4 Likes

I also use light mode, and quite liked the yellow.

1 Like

@Chrysus Welcome! Thank you so much for your kind words and your question. As @marcusp mentioned, learning grammar along with kanji and vocabulary will benefit you the most in the long run. We were careful to choose vocabulary that coincides with the JLPT level you are studying for, especially in the earlier levels, so that you do not receive any intermediate or difficult words in the beginning. Learning grammar in tandem with vocabulary and kanji will also improve your reading comprehension as well as give you the confidence you need to start forming your own sentences. Please let us know if you have any further questions or if there is anything that we can do to improve your experience with Bunpro! Cheers!

@jprspereira Yay! As we draw closer to finishing N3 (finally!) we have been able to pour more effort into bolstering N2 content. Much more content and features coming soon! Thank you for your patience. Cheers!

@somatophobia Thank you for your kind words! We are delighted that you like the new changes. Let us know if there is anything we can do to improve your experience further. Cheers!

@ctmf We are so glad that you like the changes. Please don’t hesitate to let us know if there is anything that we can do to make your experience more enjoyable. Cheers!

@jbradleyc Thank you for your response to @Chrysus and your recommendation of rikaikun! Rikaikun is an extension that we couldn’t live without when studying Japanese. Cheers!

@andrewkaz Thank you for your kind words and for subscribing! Something always seems to allude us when testing. The yellow text was a complete oversight on our end and we apologize for the inconvenience. We have made the input text blue and bold now, so you should be all set! Please let us know if you have any other concerns or if there is anything that we can do to improve your experience on Bunpro. Cheers!

@marcusp We hope that you don’t mind us changing the yellow to blue to match the example sentences in light mode. :sweat_smile: Please let us know what you think! Cheers!

8 Likes