文プロ(Bunpro): Profile Sharing - Feb 1st, 2024 - Japanese SRS Study Site

Can you also add support for A Dictionary of Basic Japanese Grammar? I’ve been adding it one by one to each grammar point’s notes so far. It’s nice if it’s already there, so if I want to look at my reference on this book, I can just jump to the topic without looking at the index first.

5 Likes

@Oshin Absolutely! We hope to have a revamped search that will allow you to search for grammar points from specific textbooks (A Dictionary of Basic Japanese Grammar included) and other grammar resources available to you soon. Thank you for your patience. Cheers!

1 Like

Review Notifier - Chrome Extension

Bunpro user @kosklain has generously created a Chrome extension to notify you when your reviews become available as well as display your review count!

It’s the same as the WaniKani one except that this one it also tells you exactly how many reviews items you have on the icon itself. Feel free to use it!

-@kosklain

Cheers!

6 Likes

I’m probably stupid but I can’t find my API key. I’m looking for it in the link the extension tells you to: Log in - Japanese Grammar Explained | Bunpro.

@Komuri Sorry about that! It looks like there was a bug that was causing some APIs to not be displayed for some people. We have pushed a fix. Please let us know if you are still unable to view your API key. Thank you for your patience. Cheers!

@pushindawood
Just wanted to say that I’m really looking forward to that!
Thanks for making such a great website :smiley:

2 Likes

I’ve had a go at trying to make my own simple userscript. I would like to add a button to vocabulary pages on Wanikani to find the corresponding grammar point on Bunpro.

The initial idea of going straight to the relevant grammar point was a bit difficult to implement as the readings don’t always match the Bunpro grammar names.

I decided instead to add a button that will get the Kana reading for the vocabulary item and search using the Bunpro grammar page.

The problem is that the search field has the class “grammar-search__field” and it doesn’t have an ID for the element so I cannot pass in a search query through the URL. I wondered if it would be possible to have an ID added for that element?

The only other solution I can think of would be to add an ID to that element using a userscript, but I’m not sure if that will work.

1 Like

I’m really eager about that too, hope they implement it soon.

3 Likes

@Atani and @madmalkav Thank you both for your comments! We hope to have you something soon. Thank you for your patience. Cheers!

@ambo100 Neat idea! We think that we can get that ready for you by the next update. We will let you know. Cheers!

1 Like

Update! - November 12, 2018

New N2!

N2, Lesson 9 is now available!

Cram Update!

With the December JLPT less than a month away, it is the perfect time to start cramming!

We have added a few features to Cram to enhance your grammar studies.

• You can now see stats about your cram sessions. These include stats such as overall accuracy, total time spent cramming, and reviews per cram session.
  • In addition to All, Studied and Studied Sentences, you can now choose to study ‘Troubled Grammar’. This is grammar that you have missed more than four times during your normal review sessions.

We have also made additional changes to the summary and stats pages for both normal reviews and cram sessions. Instead of showing your accuracy percentage as a whole number, it will now show up to two decimal places so you can see and measure your progress in finer detail.

What's Cram, again?
  • Cram allows you to review random example sentences from a particular JLPT level.
  • Cram draws from every available study question in our database to cover a variety of situations and nuances.
  • You can cram for as long as you like without affecting your normal review SRS.

If you would like to see a certain stat, or you have any suggestions on how to improve Bunpro, please let us know!

Cheers!

@ambo100 We have added bunpro__grammar-search__field as an ID to the search field. Let us know if you need anything else. Cheers!

5 Likes

@Oshin Sorry about that! I posted the incorrect link for stats. This is the correct link. Sorry for the confusion. Cheers!

EDIT: @Oshin If you wouldn’t mind taking your post down so that this link is removed from Wanikani we would appreciate that very much. Thank you in advance!

Sure. It worked now. Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you, I tried the following:

Grammar Points - Japanese Grammar Explained | Bunpro
Grammar Points - Japanese Grammar Explained | Bunpro

but it doesn’t seem to work. I couldn’t work out how the search input worked.

@ambo100 Sorry that this is not working for you! We sent you a PM over on the Bunpro community to see if we can’t get everything sorted out. Thank you for your patience. Cheers!

Update! - November 14, 2018

Improved Search

Introducing a new way to more accurately search what you are looking for. You now have the option to search within a specific JLPT level or textbook*.

*Currently Genki I and II and Tobira are available selections with more textbook options coming soon.

Your search results will now dynamically reflect what you type so that you can find exactly what you are looking for more quickly. Each grammar point will now also display offline resources and page numbers so that you can immediately reference your textbook(s) for more information.

Searching in English now automatically returns results in English!

Are there any specific search options that you would like to see added? We would love to hear what you think! Cheers!

13 Likes

Bunpro is starting to get underrated… Just saying… :heart:

9 Likes

With WK, KameSame, Kitsun.io and BunPro, what else do you need?
I’m happy to use these four apps for all my Japanese for now. I got my kanji, vocab and grammar all covered :smiley:

4 Likes

Japanesepod101.
Not familiar with KameSame or Kitsu.io though, so they might cover it. Japanesepod is great for listening skills.

1 Like

Is it? Bunpro is great, stopped me giving up tbh. I just need them to make it easier to know which answer they are looking for when several similar ones exist. But it’s getting better all the time. I use it every day and do about 30 reviews each day. I hope to complete N4 in a few months.

2 Likes

It looks interesting, but I don’t want to add another subscription right now.
The 10k deck on Kitsun.io does have audio.

1 Like