文プロ(Bunpro): Profile Sharing - Feb 1st, 2024 - Japanese SRS Study Site

Paths are great! Thank you for adding them. Just started Genki II and adding just learned grammar points is a lot easier now.

4 Likes

When exactly does the stats page update? It seems to take a few hours to reflect the day’s progress.

It caches to limit the load it puts on the WK API, but if you click on your username in the top right, there’s a refresh option to load new data right away.

1 Like

Has the UI changed? I don’t see a refresh option anywhere.

Whoops… I thought I was in a thread about wkstats.com, not bunpro, when I wrote that… There’s not a lot of context on a phone screen.

1 Like

New question, is there not a way to add highlighting to the Japanese part of self-added sentences?

I’m adding a line from a Pokémon game: いくら海に____、明日にはナマコブシは帰ってくる! [帰す]

Since the grammar point requires いくら at the front to complete the meaning “no matter how many you return to the sea,” I’d like to highlight that for the review, but it seems the highlight button only works on the English text field.

2 Likes

@ernestohegi and @Revel We apologize for the inconvenience and the late reply! We think that we finally have everything sorted out. Are you still experiencing difficulties logging in? Thank you for your patience. Cheers!

@wraithy Thank you for your feedback! We are glad that you are finding Paths useful. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do to improve your experience. Cheers!

@jbradleyc We apologize for the late reply! The stats page should update instantaneously. Do you happen to have the stats page open in a separate tab? Does refreshing the stats page not update anything that should be updating? Thank you for your patience. Currently we do not have a way to highlight anything in the Japanese sentence with a button, but if you type <strong>text you would like highlighted</strong> into the input field, the text will then be highlighted. We can look into adding a button for highlighting text in the Japanese sentence for self study questions in the future. Cheers!

4 Likes

Just curious, which is the priority right now, N1 grammar points, or 3 → 12 review sentences for N2? (And is there an ETA?)

I want to start adding N2 grammar into the mix, but I’m hesitant while there are only 3 sentences due to how rapid-fire the early SRS levels are.

2 Likes

Or maybe even adding the “future grammar points” for N4 - N2? :thinking:

1 Like

BunPro made me realize how complete garbage I am at conjugation, so thanks for that. At least I know what to work on :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Couple of suggestions on the iOS app (sorry if this is not the best place to put these).

1. Is it possible to add an offline mode for those of us commuting? (where reception can be patchy).

2. Could the category of the bunpro app be changed to education? (rather than other) to be more reflective in screen time.

Many thanks, keep up the great work.

3 Likes

Im working on an offline mode :smiley:

The category is actually set up, but it will only be effective once the app is released.

3 Likes

@jbradleyc Thank you for your question! We are currently focusing on adding the rest of N2 example sentences and study (review) questions. We are also polishing all of the lower levels’ content, fixing audio and ironing out any remaining kinks. We hope to have 12 example sentences and 12 review questions for N2 available weekly to bi-weekly. This means that we will have N2, level 2 available by the end of this week, with level 3 becoming available a week to a week and a half after level 2 is released. This also means that if you start studying N2 now, you should always have 12 review sentences. Cheers!

@NicoleIsEnough We would like to flesh out our current content as much as possible before adding the future grammar points. However, adding individual grammar points will be a much faster process than adding entire levels, so once we start implementing them they will become available much more quickly. Thank you for your patience. Cheers!

3 Likes

Hello, I would like to ask what happened to the iOS app? It says that the beta testing already expired and it has been removed from the site. My subscription to BunPro mostly depends on the app because I prefer studying & doing reviews with my phone rather than having to open my laptop. Thank you very much!

2 Likes

Yes I have the same problem. Thanks for posting this.

2 Likes

@ecsamar and @leneux We apologize for the inconvenience! We have released a new version of the beta, which you can access here. Thank you for your patience. Cheers!

1 Like

Thank you very much!

1 Like

Update! - January 11, 2019

N2 Lesson 2 now has 12 sentences and 12 review questions!

Now that we have released Paths, we have shifted our focus to adding the rest of N2 example sentences and study (review) questions. We hope to have extra N2 example sentences and review questions available every week or every other week. In addition, we are also polishing all of the lower levels’ content, fixing audio and ironing out any remaining kinks. We really appreciate all of the invaluable feedback you have provided us. Thank you for your patience. Cheers!

14 Likes

Hello, I am wondering why I cannot login on another phone using the app. And when I tried the app on the earlier phone I used, it is also no longer working there. Is the site down now? Thank you.

1 Like

Did you register for the new beta? If you are still using the older app, it will no longer work since we moved to a new App Store account.
You can apply for it using this link: TestFlight - Apple

It should be build 47 at the moment.

1 Like