文プロ(Bunpro): オノマトペ Deck - April 8th, 2024 - Japanese Grammar and Vocab SRS

@NeoVortex Hello! Thank you for your comment, however we think that you might be looking for this, as Bunpro does not have any sentences containing 小麦粉. Cheers!

@NicoleIsEnough Thank you for your reply to @NeoVortex, but it looks like this is an item on Wanikani and not on Bunpro. Thank you also for letting us know about the である review error. It has been fixed! おつかれさまでした on the JLPT! Cheers!

@JavaSparrow Thank you for your support! If you have any other suggestions or ways that you think that we can improve Bunpro for you, please do not hesitate to let us know. Cheers!

@jbradleyc Thank you so much for your detailed suggestion and breakdown! We are giving fundamental reviews and additional study questions some very serious thought and all of your insights are extremely useful in helping us figure out what might be the best route to take. Cheers!

@dpapadakis The important thing is that you challenged yourself on a very difficult test! I’m sure that you did great. お疲れ様でした! Cheers!

@seanblue I didn’t recognize you with your new avatar! Thank you for your comment. These items have been corrected. Cheers!

3 Likes

Thank you, everyone, specially @pushindawood and @NicoleIsEnough for the replies. I’m sorry for posting in the wrong place, and didn’t even know what Bunpro was, but now I know :grin:. Thx.

2 Likes

@NeoVortex No problem at all! You are always welcome here. Cheers!

(Quoting myself, lol)

I don’t know if this idea is useful or even applicable to 文プロ, but I realized that it would be better to implement it with a 4-8 split instead of an even 6-6; the reason being that a 6-6 split would be forever “stuck” with two unchangeable pairs of 6.

2 Likes

@jbradleyc Thank you again for your insight! We will keep this in mind as we think about how to incorporate additional review features, such as fundamental and gated reviews. Cheers!

Update! - December 3, 2018

For all of you who took the JLPT on Sunday, we commend you on going out and challenging yourself! No matter what level JLPT you took, we know that you put in a lot of hard work and dedication. おつかれさまでした and nice work!

We have some exciting new features to introduce today!

• Track how many days in a row you have studied.
  • Get motivated to make progress by earning XP, leveling up and collecting badges.
  • Block out distractions and focus during reviews.

Study Streak

Bunpro now tracks the amount of consecutive days you have signed into Bunpro and have done at least one review. Staying consistent with your studies is key to improving your Japanese and maintaining a streak will help keep you motivated on your language learning journey. You will also be rewarded for staying on top of your reviews and racking up high streaks (see below).

If you do not have any reviews in your review queue, the Cram function will also count toward your daily streak so you never miss a day.

XP

Everyone will now earn experience points from reviewing grammar on Bunpro. Every time you put in a correct answer for a grammar point in reviews, you will receive XP. The amount of XP you earn is directly proportional to the grammar point’s current streak.

If you are reviewing a grammar point for the first time and you get it correct, you will receive 10XP. Each consecutive time you see the same grammar point appear in your reviews it will be worth more and more XP.

XP Breakdown by Streak

Streak 1: 10XP
Streak 2: 20XP
Streak 3: 30XP
Streak 4: 40XP
Streak 5: 50XP
Streak 6: 60XP
Streak 7: 70XP
Streak 8: 80XP
Streak 9: 90XP
Streak 10: 100XP
Streak 11: 150XP
Streak 12: 200XP

The amount of XP you have earned can be viewed under the Account dropdown or on your Profile page.

Levels and Badges

You can now level up in Bunpro! Your level corresponds to the amount of XP you have earned from reviewing grammar. The amount of XP required for reaching the next level is shown on the right side of the XP progress bar in Reviews or in the Account dropdown.

You will also be rewarded with badges, medals and other achievements for earning a certain number of XP, leveling up, staying consistent with your studies, or completing hidden challenges.

Focus

Introducing a new way to review on Bunpro. We know that there are a lot of distractions in life and we wanted to cut down on as many of them as possible so you get the most out of your grammar learning. To better maintain focus on your studies, you now have the ability to hide the heads-up display (HUD) in reviews. This includes the top menu bar, your remaining review count, percentage, SRS and ghost review indicators, and your XP progress bar.

Simply click Focus On in the dropdown menu in reviews to turn on Focus. Set Focus to your default review set up in Settings.

With these new features in place, you will be able to visualize your progress and be motivated to study every day. We are looking forward to hearing what you think! Cheers!

17 Likes

Finally the RPG Update is here! Been waiting for it since a long time. Hope to see the loot system soon :grin:

5 Likes

This new update looks sweet, great job on the levelling system and the overall progress of Bunpro :smiley:

5 Likes

Just wanna say a quick THANK YOU to Bunpro! On the JLPT, there were specific grammar questions that I likely would not have known the answer to had I not studied with Bunpro :slight_smile: Loving all the updates, can’t wait to get back into the grind!

3 Likes

I’m pretty excited about this update. Looks great!

1 Like

@neicul Thank you for your kind words! We love what you have done with Kitsun and hope to see it grow even further. Cheers!

@conan That’s great to hear! Thank you so much for all of your contributions and support. You have helped make Bunpro what it is today. Cheers!

@NickH Thank you for your comment! Please let us know if there is anything that we can do to improve your experience. Cheers!

5 Likes

This update hit just as my free trial ran out and my first day as a paid user began, and at first I didn’t know whether a bunch of features had just unlocked because I was now a paying user! Thanks for making a great learning tool, and it’s nice to see it evolve. I’m finding it a great tool to learn from as a beginner, and feel I am making a progress and enjoying it a lot. I saw something a little while back about adding a conjugation practice tool, and am really looking forward to that, as that was something I was really stuck on and I really need to practice more, and which I think drilling lots of examples will help stick with me.

7 Likes

@Jul3 Thank you so much for your kind words and for subscribing! Once we get some things polished up, we intend to get fundamental reviews up and running. These reviews will focus on just the grammar point and all of its functions, including conjugations and what grammar rules it follows. They would appear alongside your current reviews, further building upon what you have learned. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do to improve your experience. Cheers!

1 Like

I can’t scroll the page to review examples, etc. on Android. Anybody else have that or just dumb ol’ me?

1 Like

Echoing everyone else to say that the new updates look amazing! So well done. Thank you so much!

1 Like

Thank you so much for your website! I took the N4 this Sunday and I’ve learned almost all of the grammar from 文プロ :relaxed: I’ve used it a lot for the past few weeks and had very little problem in the grammar section. I keep advertising your website for all the people I know who study japanese :blush: These new updates look quite exciting, so I can’t wait to try them out while studying for the N3!

Also, I don’t know if it’s a new feature or just eluded me for the past few months, but I discovered the “listen to the sentence after the review” option just about a week ago and I was very happy! Listening to the sentence puts it deeper in my brain, than just reading, and I kept hearing the example sentences during the JLPT exam as well :smiley: Much appreciated, keep up the awesome work :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Very nice updates!
I only use Bunpro a little right now, until I get a but more vocab under, but it has come a long ways.
It is so nice to see the exceptional work of fellow Wanikanians!

2 Likes

@RoseWagsBlue Actually I’m not much further into WK Vocab than you are and have Bunpro already fully integrated into my N5 studying :wink: In the settings you can add your WK API and as such Bunpro will hide furigana on the Vocab that you have already learned. At least in N5 so far there are not so complicated sentences that you couldn’t figure out what each word means :slight_smile:

3 Likes
Hidden because long, and besides, I’m shy.

You know, Rose, I wasn’t one of BunPro members who saw BunPro when it was first released in public, but I saw BunPro in around March 2018 or so, I googled about it and read lots of reviews including the one from Tofugu blog and watched few vlog reviews if any about BunPro I don’t really remember. But one thing for sure, I trust these people, I could feel that from the site look and User eXperience long ago and not to mention how patient OP replied to anyone. And now, I still can hardly believe how much BunPro has evolved from that old BunPro to current WOW BunPro.

2 Likes

In truth, I simply haven’t integrated the grammar into my study time yet. :slight_smile:
I have made it through most of the N5 stuff a couple of times, then reset. But this winter, I intend to get serious about it, because I am running into reading where I really need more grammar knowledge!

1 Like