文プロ(Bunpro): Profile Sharing - Feb 1st, 2024 - Japanese SRS Study Site

@NicoleIsEnough Thank you for your feedback! Showing both the Japanese and the English translation(s) within the same tile is what we originally had in mind and plan to implement in the near future. We wanted to get everyone a more viable search and reference tool as quickly as we could and decided that getting the code to show textbook and JLPT information up and running was a priority. We hope to have search results that display both English and Japanese to you soon. Thank you for your patience. Cheers!

1 Like

Hello! I got a year subscription for Bunpro just a few hours ago, and it’s really good so far. Just out of curiosity, will the N1 material be available soon?

3 Likes

:eyes:

How quickly do you plan on learning the N1 material?

2 Likes

@TheMusicalNinja Welcome! Thank you for becoming a subscriber! Recently we have been devoting the majority of our time to improving current features, bolstering the content already on the site (adding audio and additional sentences), and finishing N2. Once we have N2 content fully fleshed out and polished, we will be able to focus on N1 material. We hope to have something for you soon. Thank you for your patience. Cheers!

3 Likes

I’m no longer the crazy person here yesssssssssssssssssss

5 Likes

:eyes:
Too quickly.

3 Likes

Hello,

I have been trying to use the cram feature for a while now, and I can’t seem to get it to work. Also the website won’t let me edit my subscription. Whenever i hit the subscription button in the account options it just goes to a page that says “We are processing your payment. This page should change soon”

1 Like

@MajesticSlothMan Hey! Thank you for contacting us.

Looks like there is a bug that if you somehow manage to be a subscriber while not having a subscription, the system lets you do some things but prevents you from doing others.

We will get it fixed and push an update soon. Let us know if you would like to wait for the update which will then automatically fix the issue (you can keep using the site like you have been until then, but will need to purchase a subscription after the fix), or if you would like us to update stuff manually in the database (send us an email at feedback@mail.bunpro.jp) If you decide to have it updated via the database you will need to purchase a subscription right away to keep using it.

We apologize for the bug and the confusion. Thank you for pointing it out to us!

Did you by chance purchase the subscription through PayPal?

Correct via paypal

1 Like

@MajesticSlothMan Thank you for your response! Turns out a few people have experienced this issue and we have emailed them all with additional information. Please let us know if you have not received an email from us. Cheers!

I just downloaded the app in android and it freezes a lot, the search function doesn’t work, can’t add items to review list…
I will be mostly using the app since I have very long commutes. Are you planning on fixing the app any time soon?

2 Likes

The website works reasonably well on mobile devices, have you tried it?

1 Like

Ah, yes! That’s how I’m doing it right now, I just want to know if the app has any future or if I should forget it exists :stuck_out_tongue:

This is more a grammar question than anything strictly to do with Bunpro, and I would ask on the community forums there except that I can’t find a link to any discussion on this particular point, but… may I ask… why is this wrong?

The です at the end of the sentence already carries the politeness level. Therefore, you cannot add the polite ません ending to the word that goes before it.

This is a general rule: Politeness is only applied at the end of the sentence, everything else uses casual form.

8 Likes

Oh, yes! I see! Thank you so much @NicoleIsEnough! That is super helpful! Thank you!

3 Likes

Bunpro likes to play on these subtleties! E.g. what tripped me up for a long time was questions. If a question ends with 。you need to add か, if it ends with ?you must not add it. And so on. Sometimes it’s really tricky, and also very helpful. So enjoy :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Another one to look out for! Thank you so much!

3 Likes

@chofas We apologize for the delayed response and for the trouble that you are experiencing with the Android app. We will talk with the developer and see if we cannot get these issues straightened out. We believe that the problem may have to do with the api being slow and plan to have a new version up and running that will speed things up and hopefully improve functionality and performance. Thank you for your patience. Cheers!

2 Likes

Update! - November 23, 2018

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! We are thankful for all of your kind words, support and feedback. We hope that we can continue to live up to your expectations!

New N2!

N2 Lesson 10 is now available! While we still have some sentences to add and there will inevitably be some grammar points that we will include in the future, the core of JLPT N2 is finally here! With just over a week until the December JLPT, we realize that this does not give you ample time to study all of the newly added grammar points, but we hope that you can brush up on some points that you might be having trouble with and maybe even get a few cram sessions in.

N2 Lesson 1 now has 12 sentences and 12 review questions!

Happy studying and good luck to everyone taking the December JLPT! Cheers

11 Likes