文プロ(Bunpro): オノマトペ Deck - April 8th, 2024 - Japanese Grammar and Vocab SRS

That would be lovely. I also have the english sentences hidden by default and turn them on by hand for most cards to see if i got the meaning right as well. Taking your hands of the keyboard to click the button slows things down quite a bit.

Would also love a setting for automaically playing audio after having answered a card correctly. You know, because im lazy :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I love the site but my only complaint so far really is that the なきゃいけない grammar points only include the colloquial shortened versions.

3 Likes

looks fun! Will try.

1 Like

I’ve been using it for a couple days, and I really like it for my purposes. I’m working through the N5 levels right now. I used to live in Japan a while back, then I moved to the states and didn’t speak Japanese for a while because we spoke English at home. I started re-learning after a while, so I know some things (katakana, hiragana, some ichinensei kanji, a bunch of conversational things) but not others. I find that Bunpro helps me sort out some things I knew about grammar (that I knew by hearing, not by learning it). If you don’t know how a term works, and the explanation still doesn’t satisfy you, there are multiple reference links relating to the term you can click on. It also reminds you if you used the polite form of something when it was looking for the casual form (which I find helpful, because for some words, I forget which is which.). I definitely intend to keep using it for a while : )

1 Like

forgot to mention that I like it a lot because I can speed through a lot of what I know already, too. You have to review terms, but you can keep ‘studying’ new vocab.

1 Like

Still working on getting a keyboard shortcut working for example sentences. Auto-play audio is almost ready! Thank you for your patience. Cheers!

@DamirH In addition to the なくちゃ・なきゃ grammar point we also have the longer, more polite forms なくてはいけない, なくてはならない, なければいけない, and なければならない as separate grammar points. We decided to make these separate to cover a wider range of nuances and situations as well as give people a better perspective on colloquial speech. You will find that even if you type in a longer or more polite form, you will not be marked incorrect. Cheers!

@cussudu Thank you for giving Bunpro a shot and for your kind words. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do to improve your experience. Cheers!

Ah I see, thank you!

1 Like

This isn’t important but when I’m on the lessons page for な adjs, the kanji 暇 doesn’t have furigana unless I click on it. All the other kanji automatically do, except for ひま.

@sjora Thank you for your comment! If you have clicked on a Kanji to hide furigana anywhere on the site, Bunpro will remember that you have turned furigana off for that kanji site-wide and it will not appear again until you click on it again. Hope this helps! Cheers!

2 Likes

Update - July 6, 2018

Ghost Reviews

Introducing Ghost Reviews

• Ghost Reviews are reviews that you have gotten incorrect and come back to haunt you (leeches). If you get an item incorrect, that particular sentence will automatically be added to your review queue in addition to your normal reviews.

• Ghost Reviews utilize a separate SRS so that you can devote extra attention to a specific sentence/nuance while you continue to receive new sentences and progress in your normal reviews.

• You will see your Ghost Review sentence six times over the course of one month. The SRS intervals for Ghost Reviews are: 4 hours, 8 hours, 24 hours, 2 days, 4 days, 8 days, 2 weeks, 20 years. *Intervals will be shorter if you get the sentence incorrect.

• With the implementation of Ghost Reviews, you will no longer get stuck in a review loop where, if you miss a sentence, you go back and see old sentences again. Instead, whether you get a grammar point correct or not, you will be able to further advance through the sentences on Bunpro! *Grammar points will still drop an SRS interval if incorrect.

Mobile

The navbar has been removed on mobile for Reviews, Cram and Study quizzes to give you a more seamless and intuitive study session.

Summary Page

The summary page has a new look!

10 Likes

Love the ghost reviews!

3 Likes

Hey @pushindawood :relaxed: A quick question: how much of N2 do you already have released?

2 Likes

Hey @jprspereira! Congratulations on getting to level 60! We currently have the first half of N2 grammar points (96) available. These include three example sentences per grammar point. We are working hard on pushing as much content as we can, while being as thorough as possible (currently bolstering N3 material). We will keep you posted when new N2 material becomes available. If you would like to stay up-to-date on all the changes taking place on Bunpro, check out our change log. Cheers!

2 Likes

Appreciate the detailed reply :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Awesome site, Ill have to check it out

1 Like

@SimonHaynes Welcome! Please let us know if you have any feedback or if there is anything that we can do to improve your experience. Cheers!

Edit : ah ha! I figured it out!

Disregard…

1 Like

Can you post a screenshot of the subscription page?

Sorry, It seems to be fine, I misread the FAQ.

1 Like

I am unable to turn off auto renewal for my subscription. I get the error ‘Something seems to have gone wrong!’