文プロ(Bunpro): オノマトペ Deck - April 8th, 2024 - Japanese Grammar and Vocab SRS

According to wkstats (formerly known as idigtech), by Level 18 you’ve covered all but 2 of the N4 JLPT Kanji. This is because WaniKani does not order them by JLPT levels, so at the same time you’ve also covered 58% of the N3 and 29% of the N2 kanji.

This is of course assuming that the data wkstats uses is accurate :slight_smile:

1 Like

There are no official lists, so the lists are pretty much based on older exams.

Kanji is a small part of the exam, so don’t bother much about knowing 100% of the kanji. @vanlonguet

2 Likes

Related to the links available for ばいい on Bunpro.

EDIT:

I get that you probably want to test the user on the そう usage, but in real life we still have to conjugate the negative form. We can’t skip that step. Therefore, we shouldn’t skip it on Bunpro either. My 2c :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@ernestohegi Thank you for your feedback and for pointing this out to us! We have updated JLPTSensei’s link with the correct resource. Cheers!

@seanblue We are not able to reproduce the issue on mobile. Are you unable to tap on the Show Grammar Info button below the entry field? Thank you for your patience. Cheers!

@jprspereira Thank you for providing this information and for your suggestion! Cheers!

1 Like

I just discovered Bunpro and started using it yesterday (2/19/18). So far, it seems amazing. The example sentences and review feature are relevant, useful, and challenging. Thank you!

1 Like

I don’t see that button appear after answering (correctly or incorrectly). This image is from the iPhone app, though being a web view I don’t think it should differ from outside the app.

@TheClumsyDragon Welcome! Thank you for your feedback and kind words. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do to improve your experience! Cheers!

@seanblue We apologize for the inconvenience! We will have an update for the review page on the app pushed soon. Thank you for your patience. Cheers!

In the のが下手 section, there’s a typo in the polite version of this sentence–it says はた rather than へた.

2 Likes

@Shadkat Nice find! Thank you for drawing this to our attention. We have updated the site with the correct grammar point. Cheers!

I am not sure why してくれた is not an accepted answer for this. Is the [casual] supposed to be a hint for してもらった?

If you wanted to use くれた it would be

母は私に宿題をしてくれた

Notice the word order got flipped.

Of the 3 choices for giving/receiving (くれる, もらう, あげる), since 私は comes first, くれる is eliminated as a choice. As the subject of the sentence, you can not くれる for other people (except in some exceptions that aren’t beginner’s topics, IIRC). But it could still have been あげる, except that would invert the translation, with you doing your mom’s homework for her.

4 Likes

I eventually realized this myself after failing this and similar example sentences. I think BunPro does a good job of providing all the particles needed when quizzed between くれる, もらう, and あげる.

1 Like

thank you very much! I clearly need to keep practicing! much appreciated

2 Likes

I’ve added a community promotion ad on the Japanese Stack Exchange site.

There is a minimum score threshold an answer must meet (currently 6) before it will be shown on the main site.

2 Likes

Have you guys considered having reviews unlock on the nearest hour (or half hour) similar to WK? Sorry if this has been asked before, and it’s not that big of a deal if not, but last night I kept finishing 1-2 reviews, only to have 1-2 reviews ready for me when I was done.

In addition, could there be a screen at the end of reviews saying when the next reviews are ready? I’m not sure if that’s what everyone wants, but pretty much the only screens I go to are the reviews, lessons, and occasionally grammar when I’m trying to look up a specific grammar point.

Either way, thank you for all your hard work! My grammar has improved leaps and bounds since starting bunpro!

9 Likes

@pushindawood Has the Feedback tab been disabled? I like the new +report button added to reviews, that will make issue reporting easier.

Also, I have entered my WaniKani api multiple times and it never saves, it will only do it for a session then resets and doesn’t hide furugana for kanji known. I have to manually reinput the api then resave for it to take hold. Albeit, the api still shows in my settings.

2 Likes

Great website! I enjoy using it as an addition to my other Japanese studies. Thank you for the massive contribution to the Japanese learning community.

Are the N5 and N4 grammar in BunPro more or less complete? That is, are all the grammar points you want there, or do you need to add more down the road?

1 Like

Yeah, the new report system is great!

1 Like

It makes it much easier to actually report the specific grammar point than trying to explain which one it is as some have multiple readings/meaning for the same thing.

1 Like

Does this mean that everybody will now be reporting issues with this new reporting system instead of here? :hushed:
I really enjoyed reading the reports…

1 Like