文プロ(Bunpro): オノマトペ Deck - April 8th, 2024 - Japanese Grammar and Vocab SRS

Well in that case, here ya go! ^-^

There is no furigana for this example sentence.

1 Like

I did 10 days ago. :disappointed:

2 Likes

Hey, this looks cool. I’ll check it out.

1 Like

This question:

駅までおくっていただけませんか

is currently hinted as:

Could you please take me~[Honorific]~[won’t you]

There are two issues:

1. ていただけませんか is not labelled as honorific/humble when you learn it via Bunpro - I didn’t realise it was until I saw this hint used.

2. According to jisho.org, いただく is humble rather than honorific?

1 Like

@Jnk1296 Nice find! Thank you for pointing this out to us. Fixed! Cheers!

@Nume Welcome! Please let us know if you have any feedback or if there is anything that we can do to improve your experience. Cheers!

@maxb Thank you for your feedback! We apologize for the confusion and have updated the site to properly reflect ていただけませんか as a humble request. Thank you for pointing this out to us. Cheers!

Hi, as a complete beginner without any prior knowledge of japanese, i’m looking forward to using bunpro as a resource.
I just gave it a short peek, but it seems to work fine in opera 50.0.
I would have a liked a short explanation what the JLPT levels are, and which one to begin with. Maybe you could add that in the future.

1 Like

That’s a good idea to help people who aren’t familiar with JLPT. You may have looked it up already, but you should start with N5. That’s the easiest and most basic grammar.

I recommend also using a textbook that has practice exercises, like Genki or Japanese From Zero. I think it could be hard to learn grammar from scratch just from Bunpro.

1 Like

Agreed with everything @seanblue says.

I think there should be a ‘Guide’ page that details how best to use the site, with a link to this thread for questions/answers …

But seriously, Bunpro is good for grammar review and for a basic structure, not as a grammar teacher (because of unconnected all the grammar points tend to be).

1 Like

thanks, i planned on using duolingo, human japanese and maybe a textbook, too. (So i had no good experiences with textbooks yet)

1 Like

If you do Duolingo, make sure to use it on desktop and not on mobile (better chance of it actually teaching you what to do instead of you inferring rules on your own).

Textbooks are annoying and often boring, but they’re really the only thing around that actually have you drilling things to get a hang on grammar points. Putting 20 minutes a day into a textbook/workbook combination like Genki will take you a long way when it comes to grammar.

1 Like

Minor thing, but in the example section of ~てほしい this sentence shows up twice. Don’t know if that equates to it testing you on it twice.

eta: It also occurs to me that the bottom version’s English is incorrect. It says ‘everyday’ rather than ‘every day’ (which would be more 日常 than 毎日 :wink: ) Technically not a problem because the top version’s English is fine.

2 Likes

YES totally this. Sometimes I wonder if I have got a correct ‘seems like’ just not the one it is looking for, but by then I convince myself it could only be (say mitai) in this circumstance and try and work out why, when maybe it WAS ok using a different one… I’ve actually lost confidence in using these since the reviews because of this! It would also be helpful to maybe have a little tick box or something in the description box below of the other ones okay for each sentence, that way it is easier to compare the grammar points. blagh i hate these now.

2 Likes

Question about this より example sentence:
「いつも飲んでいるビールより好き。」
“I like this beer more than what I usually drink.”

「いつも飲んでいるビール」would be “the beer that I normally drink”. So the implied のほうが doesn’t have to be a beer. Wouldn’t a better translation be “I like this more than the beer that I usually drink”?

1 Like

@Miuschka Welcome and thank you for your comment! We agree that we need to include some additional information as well as guides to help you get started! Here is a link to the JLPT website for more information on the test. If you have any more feedback or if there is anything else that we can do to improve your experience please let us know! Cheers!

@konekush Thank you for your feedback! We are working on a tentative syllabus as well as a more intuitive guide for the site. Stay tuned! Cheers!

@Shadkat Whoops! Looks like that one got added twice by accident. Thank you for drawing this to our attention. We will remove one right away and fix the English. Cheers!

@Hamigakiko Thank you for your comment. Oh, no! We do not want you to hate grammar! We are working on something that we hope will clear up any confusion between similar grammar points. Thank you for your patience as get everything straightened out. Cheers!

@seanblue Thank you for your suggestion! This is a very good point and we have updated the site with your suggested translation. Cheers!

1 Like

@pushindawood Don’t know if this has already been mentioned, but N3’s 8th section ~ついでに’s JLPTSensei link seems to be pointing to a different resource.

1 Like

Don’t worry, the vast majority it has made my confidence so much more and it has massively help with honorifics especially as I am woeful at using them. it is only these similar points which have now baffled me!

1 Like

There’s no way to open item details when you get a review wrong on mobile.

I have a question, I want to try JLPT N4, how many lessons I have to complete on wanikani.com ?

You’re asking a question about just kanji? Because that’s the focus on WK. This is a thread about Bunpro, but it’s not a big deal.

N4 covers about 250-300 kanji. It probably takes several months before you’d be all set with the kanji you’d see on N4. No idea how that would be in terms of number of lessons. By level 15 or so, you’d have covered most of what you need.

But that’s just kanji. WK won’t teach you anything else you need for all the rest (90%?) of the test.

4 Likes

thank you :relieved:

1 Like