文プロ(Bunpro): Profile Sharing - Feb 1st, 2024 - Japanese SRS Study Site

Am I doing something wrong? If I get an answer wrong, and put in the correct answer, it still counts it as if I got it right. Am I not supposed to do that? If so, how do you continue after making a mistake?

Just click enter (or the >>). Eventually the same review will come back again. By clicking the “Undo” option, you’re overriding your wrong answer, making it like it never happened.

4 Likes

First, thank you very much for implementing the minimal English prompt feature - it’s awesome!

However, I’ve found a bit of a bug in how it reduces some things to minimal form:

It is liked. (I like it/you.) [casual]

is reduced to:

is~casual

which is confusing. Instead, I suggest that context hints in [square brackets] should be left in square brackets in the minimal hint, and ~ should not be inserted.

1 Like

Minimal hint works surprisingly well, but there are a few nigh-impossible cases. In those cases, I have to check the English text too.

Is there a keyboard shortcut to show the English text? Right now, I have to use my mouse to click the button, which disrupts the keyboard-only flow that BunPro used to have.

Are there also more sentences that we can be tested on? I often see the same sentences between review sessions.

Space bar if i remember rightly :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks, I’ll give it a try. :slight_smile: As far as unused keys go, spacebar makes a lot of sense.

1 Like

@pushindawood Any update on when you expect to get more example sentences for N4?

1 Like

For the なさい reviews, can you add an indicator (“polite”, etc.) to explain that it’s not command form (like しろ).

Also, your hint for つもり with this sentence is really misleading.
「風邪を引くつもりはなかった。」

I tried answering with 「つもりじゃなかった」and the hint was “Can you use で?”.
Well apparently I can’t. :joy:

1 Like

I just noticed that you have Other Usage of the Volitional Form: …(よ)うとする in ようにする readings instead of having it in the ようとする ones.

2 Likes

Is my answer actually wrong here?

Baited.

4 Likes

Thanks for fixing the “hint/English” button so quickly :slight_smile: It works wonders now.

By the way, check how “Hide Grammar info” gets cut.

2 Likes

The self-study section doesn’t seem to be working at the moment. Not on my computer at any rate. Just tried to add some sentences but nothing shows up on the self-study pages.

Is my answer not possible in this situation? :thinking:

2 Likes

I had the same recently, but I guess that is a general problem with situation that have a lot of different solution, like with „if“.

I just hit oops and try a different grammar xD
It’s not wrong so that’s ok I guess.

2 Likes

Well, if there’s nothing wrong, then my post can be used as a reminder to add a note to this item saying there’s another way to answer instead of the one I used :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yeah the hint should pop up ^^

I right now had しなければならない and I entered しなければなりません, which was rejected because it was looking for the casual form, but didn’t tell that it was :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve basically given up on using polite conjugations on BunPro unless the answer requires it in some way (e.g., ka?, [polite], respectful/humble).

Some Ideas (with the caveat that I don’t know BunPro’s internals or work resources):

• Detect “ended with polite conjugation but answer ends with casual conjugation” and trigger the yellow hint/prompt.
  • Add on extra answers to every prompt.
  • Prompts could be explicitly tagged with [casual] or [polite] to leave no room for confusion.

The casual and polite conjugations are fairly systematic, so it should be possible to do some of this in an automated fashion.

1 Like

Just started using bunpro recently! Im loving it a lot!

I do have a question:

why is なので accepted but not だから?

1 Like

Yep. You can’t use ありません before でしょう, it has to be ない (in the case of a negative).

3 Likes