放浪息子 (Wandering Son) miscellaneous discussion

I have the first volume. And I can get the rest pretty quickly via Amazon.

3 Likes

No links to places where we can preview/buy it in the OP?

1 Like

Should I just link where to buy the first volume? 15 links might be a bit much. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Oh yeah, for sure, it should be easy to find the following volumes from the page for the first volume anyway

1 Like

Done. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You da best! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Are you guys going to read the 15 vols? o:

6 Likes

I told you it wasn’t a normal book club. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, I already bought all 15 volumes, so I’m going to. And I don’t want it to take 123 weeks at the normal book club pace. I plan to have this series finished this year at the worst, preferably in about 6 months or less.

6 Likes

I may or may not stay the whole way through, since I don’t own the whole series, and also as the characters get older it get harder for me to deal with.

1 Like

I guess you should just cross that bridge when you get there. You own, what, the first 11 volumes?

checks
I think that’s all that was out when I was reading it. Although I was actually reading it illegally online and bought every volume later because when something is that good I feel like I gotta own it
Also volume 10 wasn’t online yet but was on sale
Also for that reason, all but like volume 1 and volume 10 are actually still in protective plastic wrap.

3 Likes

Make takeaway is that you’ve been learning Japanese for a long time.

2 Likes

Unfortunately.
I’ve talked about it elsewhere, but I basically studied Japanese really hard for two years, then burnt out because I was pushing too hard with sentence flashcards and quit for like eight years and now I’m back. Feels like a lot of wasted time.

1 Like

Oh, man. This looks a little on the harder side for me, is it okay if I ask a lot of questions? :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

That’s literally the point of this thread.

2 Likes

But like, a lot. :joy: I’ll try to start today, then. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Hey it’ll be my first manga in Japanese! I need something to distract me from 君の膵臓をたべたい too fast anyways.

2 Likes

I want to read this but the book clubs are probably going to kick my butt this round, so I’ll have to see if I can fit it in somewhere. I’ll probably try to read the first volume and see if I like it enough to continue with the whole series. I still haven’t read that many volumes in Japanese of a single manga :fearful:.

2 Likes

This manga is great! :smiley: It honestly gets even better as it goes on, iirc.

2 Likes

Yayyy I really want to read this! ^^ ignores the tiny voice in the back of my head saying “but…time…”

I have the first volume already, since I ordered it with the new book club picks…I wanted to get multiple but for some reason Volume 2 was out of stock on amazon.jp and the sets wouldn’t ship to me :expressionless: I might wait to start until 時をかける少女 ends, though. I like the rolling schedule idea as well, I don’t do anything if I don’t have some sort of structure tbh. Although I’ll probably be on the slow end compared to the rest of you xD

5 Likes