引っ越す 's english answer was a mistake

I put in

“to overcome” instead of “to move” and still got the correct answer.

1 Like

Yeah, WK gives you leeway due to typos (writing “To move hause” instead of “to move homes”, for example). However, this sometimes can lead to it accepting completely wrong answers. For that, I advise using this script:

Yeah. But usually it’s based on typos or close terms or a percentage of correct letters. This is absolutely not correct. And I don’t want any third party apps promoted to me.

“To overcome” is evidently near enough that the WaniKanitron let it through. Your only options here are to either install the script, or learn on your own that it’s wrong.

Huh, I’m pretty sure mine marked me wrong for “to move house”. I had to add it as a synonym.

Yeah, I have no idea if it would be accepted. That was for the sake of giving an example xD

Well, the alternative is reducing/elimating the leeway, but that would lead to more people getting wrong answers due to typos, which is more common than your situation.

The other solution would be to blacklist all the alternative answers users might thibk of and that are wrong.

So I guess the solution is really the script.

That or hoping that WK decides to implement a feature to ignore correct answers.

Another option, if you’re lucky enough to get the meaning before the reading, is to note the error and then purposely get the reading wrong to prevent it from advancing an SRS level. It’s more intensive and less fool-proof than a userscript or built-in function, but I have used this method successfully in the past to mitigate incorrect answers moving too far in the SRS.

This would be so very nice to have built in! I don’t think it goes against WK’s general attitude of keeping things strict to avoid abuse (it would, in fact, increase strictness). It also would avoid the error-prone task of blacklisting an exhaustive list of potential user inputs. But alas, we only have the userscript for now.

6 Likes

to overcome and to move homes aren’t off by very many letters.

Jeez, it sounds like you’ve been assaulted. Are scripts really considered “third party apps” in any case. They are made by a third party, but they are extensions of the site, not separate apps.

1 Like

A better script to “promote” to op would be the no cigar script. It makes the input shake on typo, rather than accepting it.
That would have given a hint here, but still better than the temptation of ignoring mistakes, I guess.

6 Likes

I really need to update the list of scripts on my Guide… :upside_down_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.