少女終末旅行 Home Thread (Beginner Book Club)

Still very new here but looking forward to trying this out! The ebook being available in BookWalker where I already have an account is a definite plus (and costing all of $4.29).

4 Likes

I find the whole thing really appealing!
Just two gals driving around the acocalypse. What’s not to love?

6 Likes

First time Manga reader question:

What is being implied or emphasized when something is written in katakana on purpose such as ホント in the first few pages.

It’s like writing something in italics in English - the word is being spoken with emphasis.

Your socks really stink.

8 Likes

To say what @Belthazar said but sillier, the emphasis is being emphasized. :laughing:

8 Likes

Yay!

15 Likes

New shiny things!!! There are some KitKats and manga covers but they aren’t in the photo. And whoever mentioned nekochan…ugh I kept spending more money… :smile: I had to order the second book for the reading club…but I must say… こわい! So much Kanji and very little pictures…I don’t know if I can keep up. I guess I’ll either fall way behind and have to read later or maybe if I’m lucky learn faster! …fingers crossed that all those experts who do so much to make dictionaries and provide support for us newbies! ありがとうございました。 Thanks to Tenso and Amazon JP…so evil…way too easy to shop from Japan now. Shipped on the 10th and arrived today the 13th!

Guess now I need to put the covers on the つくみず books I got before and start on the March 2nd reading…

17 Likes

Tensei shitara Slime… very nice!

3 Likes

That’s a lot of stuff!! Is that Bump of Chicken?

2 Likes

スライムのアニメが大好きです! This the problem with online shopping…it’s too easy to spend money… hehe

1 Like

Yes it is!!! I discovered them because of a language partner on Italki…a lot their videos are on you tube but I hate the annoying commercials…and Spotify doesn’t have Bump of Chicken (they do have some other really good stuff though)… anyway …so thought I’d just order the CDs :cd:

2 Likes

Interesting. I read the first section of the first book online. I like it. I may have to pick up this series.

https://manga-zero.com/viewer/product/1473/book/38237

That’s Bump of Chicken alright… a lot of it too :joy: I discovered them a while back (like 5 years or so ago xD) through a friend, and I remember them being awesome and I really liked them… but somehow forgot until I saw it just now… let me go find them again. Thank you :wink:

1 Like

In one single order you have more than twice as many books as all the Japanese books I own :joy:

7 Likes

It’s Fushigi Neko in print! :open_mouth:

1 Like

Not to complain, but… you have the スライム books in the wrong order (11-13-12)

Looks like a lot of fun ahead though:)

3 Likes

My book came over the weekend! Started peeking and it looks difficult for my wee rank 6 self. Excited to start though. :smiley:

5 Likes

Check out the Kitsun link in the opening post. You could try to prelearn some of the vocabulary to help you out when reading.

3 Likes

はい! Another item that I purchased because some person on the forum mentioned it was in print so I ordered vol 1. Unlike a lot of other manga it’s in color!

2 Likes

…and based on your level, you can read way more than me…I might be in trouble :rofl: