少女終末旅行 Home Thread (Beginner Book Club)

Is anyone else having trouble doing lessons with the deck? It was working earlier but for the past few hours i just get a persistant loading screen and am never taken to lessons. It works on my other kitsun.io decks still so i think it might be specific to this one.

1 Like

I had that problem earlier today as well, but the problem stopped for me at some point.

I remember un-hibernating some cards to see if that worked. It didn’t at first, but eventually after taking a break, I tried to do lessons and it worked again. I don’t think there’s a correlation, but maybe you can try that.

Hey @jprspereira, how often is the deck being edited? Does that have anything to do with it?

2 Likes

Glad to know its not just me. I actually haven’t hibernated any cards yet so I don’t think that would be the reason but editing sounds plausible.

@neicul Anything going on?

First time using kitsun here. Does the deck has any tags by chapter? For example, if I want to learn the vocab for chapter 1 only, I can only learn the cards tagged with chapter 1 (or something like that).

Thanks for your time.

3 Likes

Nope, but I have data to do so. I’ll try to get that done tomorrow :smiling_face: (Sunday). If anything, I’ll let you know the chapters by index (card’s order).

Yup, for bug related questions, Neicul is our hero :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Okay, so I got it fixed on my account, at least temporarily but I had to do the opposite. I ended up hibernating the next card in the stack which happened to be うる and instead of the perpetual loading page I got the lessons immediately. I tried to un-hibernate it again to see if something just got stuck with that function but it went back to not working so it will stay there for now. What a strange bug, thanks for the idea to mess around with that feature.

Edit: It’s happening now every time I click lessons. To fix it, I have to hibernate something new for each new batch of lessons I want to do.

Probably best to post this on the Kitsun thread, the developer checks that frequently

1 Like

Thanks, will do that now. I just wanted to make sure anyone who is having the same problem has access to at least a temporary work around.

1 Like

Sorry I was asleep, gonna look into it right away!

3 Likes

Just to let you know guys that I’ve already accepted 2 suggestions given to me through this system and I must say that I love the whole process. I’m so looking forward to get your feedback on the deck. Each of your suggestions impacts all of us. Let’s make this a wonderful deck :heart:

6 Likes

I actually really like this system of suggestions and such.
Curious, how well would you rate yourself when it came to putting all of these words into this deck? I just want to be sure when it comes to when or how I should make suggestions, which I’m probably going to be doing a lot more of.

A note as reference for others: I’ve already went through all of the cards and hibernated all of the them that I very obviously knew at first glance. There’s probably a lot more I will eventually hibernate, but I took off around 200 cards when I did at my current level of 18.

One last question: Are the cards categorized in a certain way or have any other info attached to them that I can search off of? (Page, chapter, frequency, etc) At the moment I’m just really looking forward to start doing all of this (and to of course actually read the book), so I feel a little helpless with all of my questions.

2 Likes

I’m 99,9999% sure that all the text that I gathered (that you see in each card as an “example sentence”) is accurate. In other words, a good way to notice misparses of the actual words being taught is through those sentences.

The definitions are based on the parsing though. So sometimes a word will have a meaning that it’s not actually the one being used in the manga (think that the system chooses meaning 1 since it’s the most common, but the manga uses meaning 4). However with the suggestion system, we can fix that pretty easily to everyone using the deck.

I only tagged by Frequency. Frequency of 10 or higher are tagged as “Frequency 10+”. However, I do have the info to tag all cards with chapters. I was going to do it today as I promised @wanwon , but I took the day off :rofl: Will try to do it tomorrow :pray: Pages would simply be too much work :sob: sorry.

You can see the frequency by going to “deck => all cards”:

You can do an “Advanced Search” (and search by tags for example) like this:

2 Likes

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

So this “parsing” is an automatic thing? That makes sense now. However I had a very weird occurrence as you may have saw in my earlier suggestion with the word くる. It was conjugated in its past tense as きた in the example sentence, but even then it chose the second meaning over the first in Jisho, which was a godan verb. That seemed pretty odd to me.

Anyway, if a lot of people are going to be hibernating easy words like that one, then it’s possible that some problems might be created by those (likely hiragana) words being looked over. It’s probably not actually going to be a future problem, but I can’t help but be constantly thinking about these things. hehe

2 Likes

Thank you, you wonderful person you!

3 Likes

It is. Think of it as something that separates the words in the text and associates them with a dictionary. Misparses happen because this method isn’t perfect.

With manga, an extra problem is with extracting the text itself (if done automatic, lots of mistakes happen - so one has to do it page by page and fix mistakes). That’s why you haven’t seen word lists from manga out there as much.

Haha, no worries, I overthink a lot of times too :rofl: I’m thinking like this: the extraction of the text and the parsing of words needs to be done automatic (or rip because manually will kill you). With the reporting system of Kitsun, it can only improve. Even if a lot of people hibernate known words, some will notice the “example sentences” and still send suggestions. It’s like, if 10 people only report 10% of the mistakes, 100% of mistakes are still corrected. You know what I mean? :smiley: Nevertheless, I’ll go through the whole deck myself eventually, so I’ll make sure that everything is in place :grin::v:

No, y-you wonderful person you! :heart:

6 Likes

Onwards~

17 Likes

So many people got the whole series!

1 Like

Looking forward to join this book reading on March 2nd. Do I need to click join somewhere, or just follow this thread ?

4 Likes

There’s no official sign-up, just participate by commenting and voting in polls, etc.

Calvin and Hobbes!!!

3 Likes