少女終末旅行 Home Thread (Beginner Book Club)

I wasn’t really planning to continue filling in the vocab in the spreadsheet since I wasn’t aware of anyone using it, but seeing that’s not actually the case, I’ll do my best to continue with that :slight_smile: Of course if anyone else wants to help out with that too, please do!

@seanblue Please, if it is not too much trouble, would you mind renaming the Google Doc to simply “少女終末旅行 Vocab” ?

Personally I think it’s better to have a separate spreadsheet per volume, but I can rename it if you want.

Hmmm I personally kind of like a single file with everything, but I don’t really mind either way, so…

• Single vocab file for all volumes
  • One vocab file per volume

0 voters

I’ll go ahead and link to the current vocab doc for the new threads, and just adjust the links if the poll results point to a per-volume doc.

I’ll give my reason for voting for one file per volume: People in the future might be interested in the book and might get confused for why later volumes are linking to what they thought was only volume one’s vocabulary list.

I completely agree with you, that’s why if the single-file-for-all option wins in the poll, we’ll rename the file so that it doesn’t say “Volume 1” anymore to avoid confusion.

As for my reasons for preferring a single file: often I run into a word I’m sure I’ve seen before in some previous chapter, but I can’t remember in which chapter or volume. With a single file we can easily do a search in that scenario. With a file-per-volume we might ending up opening multiple files looking for that vocab.

1 Like

Here we go~

Now I just need to finish my current daily manga quickly so that I can concentrate on this one =^.^=

2 Likes

So, checking the poll it appears most would prefer a single vocab file for all volumes.

@seanblue Please, could you go ahead with changing the name of the Google Spreadsheet to “少女終末旅行 Vocab” ?

1 Like

The people have spoken. 別にいいけど…

1 Like

Done.

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Nah, I’m good for heart ache, thanks.

5 Likes

There’s a new manga out by Tsukumizu, I saw it the other day in a bookshop. It was placed next to the Girls Last Tour mangas and showed what looked like a young Chi and Yu at school… a prequel perhaps? I didn’t buy it (goodness knows I have enough on my shelves to last me the rest of my life!) but it looked interesting!

3 Likes

Oh? That sounds interesting. Is it this one? It says volume 1, too… :eyes:

1 Like

Yes! That’s it! That’s the one I saw! It looks great doesn’t it?!
Could this mean another bookclub on the horizon?!

1 Like

The synopsis I found said:

“A girl who shut herself in a closet for the last 2 years of middle school realizes she has to go to high school. When she exits her closet for the first time in two years and looks at herself in the mirror, she notices that she grew shimeji mushrooms out of her head.”

:joy:

So although I don’t know anything about it, I’m not entirely convinced it’s related to Girls’ Last Tour?

6 Likes

Oh, pity! I was just going by the cover.
But still, it looks fabulous! :smiley:

1 Like

This is the best source of info I’ve found so far:

Just about to watch the promo video.

For sure, it looks great, and the description only made me want to read it more, haha :grin:

3 Likes

I loved 少女終末旅行, and the synopsis sounds hilarious already! I’m definitely game! :joy:

5 Likes

Wait, I’ve read that manga somewhere. Where did I read that?

When manga artists develop a style, sometimes every manga they write seem to feature the same characters. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

The first volume was released at the end of February this year, apparently ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3 Likes