少女終末旅行 Home Thread (Beginner Book Club)

I did the same! I only realized while writing this that DANG that is SOON! I thought it was WAY off! :rofl:
But it should have dawned on me sooner since I just finished the previous book, and realized last week that these would be the last chapters =P
The extra stories at the end kept throwing me off (even though I knew they where there), made it look like there was still a good bit to go :wink:

3 Likes

You have different ad thingies on your books! I call shennanigans

4 Likes

Really?! I would have thought they were same, it would be more effort to make different ones O_o
Or maybe some have gotten swapped around? My copies looked new, but wasn’t sealed or anything, and only two of them had the small wraps, so could have been read and mistakenly put on wrong one by previous owner :wink:

Heh they look like the correct ones, mine just didn’t come with any at all. What 帯 gets put on a book tends to change over time btw. Announcing an anime, or like the 時をかける少女 one that we all seemed to have that was just announcing a contest.

For anyone who has been curious about these things or what they’re called: 帯 (出版) - Wikipedia

3 Likes

I’ve noticed the Mangas are treated almost like magazines, full of inserts as well as the little leaflet on the outside =P

My English manga books has none of the sort (or if they do it is very very rarely)

3 Likes

Hello everyone! Going to try to read this book with you all!

First time posting to the forums as well as my first Japanese book. Loved the anime so looking forward to the book!

I finally managed to get it installed on my ereader as well so I’m ready to go! Thanks to those who contributed to the vocab list. It really feels like its setting me up for success!

8 Likes

I bought mine yesterday too. Very nearly bought the whole set, but decided not to in the end.

1 Like

I bought my copy yesterday. This is my first time participating in a book club. Looking forward to it!
よろしくお願いいたします!

4 Likes

So, I realized I won’t have Internet the first two weeks, so I just went ahead and read the first two chapters.

There’s really little text (not very surprising, considering that BLAME was one of the inspirations).
Well, that will give more time for people who are planning to read both this manga and キノの旅 in parallel :slight_smile:

3 Likes

… Blame? The one by Tsutomu Nihei?

2 Likes

…just discovered something neato in Neko-chan! But you need the printed book for this…Look at the lower left corner of the book (inside pages)…there is an Easter egg!

Sorry web folks…won’t work unless you have a printed copy. If have the manga and already noticed it then…no big surprise…but if you haven’t take a look :wink:

Now I’m really happy I bought this…guess I’ll probably have to get the rest of them…

Yes. And it does feel a bit like it indeed.

Well, I’ve not read Blame yet, but I have read Knights of Sidonia, and I have to say… does it?

Mind you, it does remind me a lot of this webcomic (only starring cute girls), but I’d be extremely surprised if there were any connection between them at all.

2 Likes

The author mentioned BLAME being an inspiration in an interview, says Wikipedia. I haven’t read the referenced link, but I trust the editors :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t know about the other two sources you mention, though.

Knights of Sidonia was also written by Tsutomu Nihei.

1 Like

Just read the interview, and the author only mentions reading BLAME. So, unclear, but at least Knights of Sidonia wasn’t the main inspiration.

Knights of Cydonia

(unrelated. sorry, can’t resist)

1 Like

I’m… really not sure what to make of that. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Well, I just read this webcomic. Not that long, it’s sort of what I imagine this manga will be. xD

1 Like

It’s about a week from now (depending on your timezone)!

Anyone still doesn’t have your vol 1 copy yet?

• My copy is ready!
  • I’ll have it before March 2nd 2019.
  • I’ll probably receive my copy after March 2nd 2019.
  • Just passing by.

0 voters

2 Likes