少女終末旅行 home thread

Chapter 11: 住居

Start Date: May 25th
Previous Chapter: Chapter 10
Next Chapter: Chapter 12

Vocabulary List

Spreadsheet

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter(s) and any content in future chapters.
  • When asking for help, please mention the chapter and page number. Also mention what version of the book you are reading.
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
  • To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun!

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.

• I’m reading along
  • I’m planning to catch up later
  • I’m skipping this book

0 voters

1 Like

I actually finished the book ._.

1 Like

Not sure if by book you mean this volume or the whole series, but congratulations! ^.^

1 Like

The book ^^;

Yay :tada: Same here! I’m currently trying to read a chapter each evening (which might not work out every day due to me being too tired), but anyway currently I’m approaching the end of volume 3. I’m reading this in a more tadoku style though, so I don’t look up everything I don’t know, and depending on the chapter I might not understand some of the text, which I’m ok with for now.

But very happy to go back and participate in discussions here in the thread :relaxed:

3 Likes

That’s been my general approach as well. Much more relaxing that way :relaxed:

3 Likes

Hello, could anyone answer a quick question for me?
In page 55, ちーちゃん says “四方嬖に囲まれててさ”. Does that mean something like “Being surrounded by all directions”?
I’m confused about the meaning of “四方嬖” and its reading too. Does it read しほうへい?

1 Like

I don’t have the book with me, but I guess the kanji is actually 壁?
四方(しほう) 壁(かべ) に囲まれて
Being surrounded by walls on all 4 sides

2 Likes

Can confirm that it is actually 壁 (wall), not 嬖

2 Likes

Oh… thanks, I was looking for the wrong kanji :sweat:

1 Like

Page 61

Just finished chapter 11! It’s pretty sad, but lovely at the same time, isn’t it?

And I love how close the anime sticks to the book, pretty much every frame. So I first work through the vocab list (thank you to whoever put that together), then read alongside the anime. And with this episode I shadowed the anime, something I ought to have done from the start.

No real question or anything, just that I found もちもち interesting on page 61. Jisho says it means “springy”, but the anime translation uses it, with する, to mean “laze around”, which makes perfect sense of course!

Anyway, thank you again everyone who set up this bookclub!

4 Likes