夏目友人帳 - Natsume's Book of Friends Home Thread (Beginner Book Club)

I didn’t really care for the anime so I didn’t bother ordering it.

And honestly, the short break will do me some good since life is busy (which is just a side benefit since I didn’t know I’d get busy).

3 Likes

Fine…

c:

6 Likes

They almost got me. I noticed the unread message counter just in time.

10 Likes

According to a recent poll, 68% of people read Natsume’s Book of Friends. According to a less recent poll, only 5% of them are Natsume’s friends…:level_slider:

6 Likes

Perhaps I shouldn’t have been looking ahead :sweat_smile: but those big panels of text that appear every now and again along the sides of the pages appear to be written as messages from the author to the reader; does anyone know whether these are actually pertinent to the story, or whether they just provide ‘commentary’, as it were?

And is that something that occurs commonly in manga? It’s the first I’ve encountered it with my vast experience, but I remember @Naphthalene mentioning something about text from the author in Aria.

As far as I remember these panels are not story-related :eyes:

1 Like

Interesting :eyes: not that I’m thinking of skipping them (initially), of course

3 Likes

I’m not sure. I’m currently reading non non biyori and aria, not sure I would be able to read a third series… What I’m already reading is taking most of my time. Jumping on a new series each time we finish a new volume is hard :confused:

(full time job + wanikani + 2 series + gf + washing the dishes = 25h a day)

But Natsume is starting after we finish Non Non Biyori. :man_shrugging:

Were you planning to keep reading Non Non Biyori on your own or something?

yes… non non biyori is bringing happiness to my heart * __ * It’s so genuine I’m really enjoying it.

aria is “finished” also but the reading is still ongoing, or are we planning to handle non non biyori differently?

1 Like

We only continue a series if there is a lot of interest. So far you’re the only one who has expressed any interest, so I assumed we wouldn’t continue.

That’s sad, are you going to continue reading it? It’s not too bad, I can keep going by myself, it’s just half sad :expressionless:

I bought the second volume and would be up for reading it eventually, but not right away.

Are you still reading aria or have other plans? I skimmed through the thread and I think I read you weren’t joining this one.

Mmh, I remember a lot of some people bought the entire series in stock before we started it, maybe there are more people interested? It might have been just the hype though…

I’m going to keep reading Aria, and yes, I am skipping Natsume. I didn’t enjoy the first season of the anime much.

I’ll put a poll in the Non Non Biyori home thread to gauge interest.

Yep, sounds like a good idea, although I’m not going to keep my breath in anticipation… I noticed in the most recent non non biyori chapters not too many people have contributed with the vocabulary (but this might have been just my impression). Will see! :smiley:

Okay, so because I’ve just speed read through the whole thread and a lot of people are questioning the amount of readers for Natsume, I’ve come to say hello! :3

I’ve been reading along with Non Non Byori, but I’m awful when it comes to posting in threads so hopefully I’ll get myself off my lazy ass and actually contribute to Natsume properly.

Consider this my first teeny tiny step into the big bad depths of forum threads.

9 Likes

I’ll be reading Natsume as well. I’ve, ah, never really participated in the forums or book clubs before, but I’ll try my best to be an active participant.

8 Likes

Welcome! :tada:

5 Likes

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! :blush:

5 Likes