困る reading mnemonic isn't right?

First time posting in forums, so please excuse me if this isn’t in the right category or someone has mentioned this before.

I’ve just done the lesson for 困る and got to the reading mnemonic:
You know who seems to be distressed all the time? Little 子s. 子s are always crying about something. Always. And when adults are distressed they can look like 子s too.
Surely this would be implying the reading for 困 here is こ, not こま?

Often I find myself having to make my own mnemonics or adjusting the current one because it doesn’t quite work for me, but this is the first one I’ve seen that seems sort of incomplete.

8 Likes

They must have changed the mnemonic because when I learned this about 2 years ago the mnemonic was “coma”.

2 Likes

Strange, perhaps a mistaken change? I know they did a large rehaul of the mnemonics in december, is it worth emailing them about this?

You can tag @anon20839864 or @viet for issues like this. Although today is Sunday so they might not respond until tomorrow.

1 Like

They don’t get Monday off? Madness!

1 Like

Fair enough, thank you :slight_smile:

Is it Memorial Day?

1 Like

3 Likes

Up! I second that, it’s really ticking me though it’s not that big of a deal but I’m confused. I’m very curious what the idea was behind this.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.