君の膵臓をたべたい (I Want to Eat Your Pancreas) Book Discussion

I see what you did there :eyes:

bp

:kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Screenshot%20from%202019-02-13%2020-34-26
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

The true romance of 君の膵臓をたべたい was in the Book Discussion all along!

9 Likes

Oh, I considered that may be the case (not revealing the mc name). Especially since in some other place he was referred to as “Plain classmate-kun” or something similar.
But I still find it interesting. And I like it.

On an unrelated note I should resume reading today. \o/ (weekends are surprisingly more busy for me than workdays :laughing:)

2 Likes

I would comment on your spoilers, but that’s a chapter 5 or 6 spoiler :slight_smile: So, I’ll just wait, then.

1 Like

curiosity-intensifies

4 Likes

Aaaaand done. That’s probably the fastest I have read a book in Japanese.
… Damn I cried a lot. In fact I am still crying.

5 Likes

I’m curious about what you think about Chapters 8-10. (But especially 8.)

1 Like

… you know what, I’m going to read what you wrote first :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like
First, let's start with the end

The main character doesn’t get with 恭子. In fact, he lets slip that someone he knows (which is apparently reduced to the guy who tries to give him gum every time) likes her, and she is pretty pleased about it (and plan to actually act on it). Internal monologue from the main character also shows that he isn’t interested in anyone at the moment.
They did become friend, following the wishes of 桜良, and it was apparently really hard for him (as might be expected, considering that he has about 0 social skills, and a very negative start).

I do like the ending; things went the way 桜良 hoped, and, well, life goes on.

Chapter 8

I understand your point about her being a lot more interesting, but I think that having her point of view would just spoil the tension. Somehow, the flawed view that we get from the main character made things interesting to me, trying to understand what was going on, where they were going, and so on. You would not have to guess what he means to her, the fact that her lifepan got shortened, etc if things were told from her point of view. Since the main character is, well, boring, there’s literally nothing to spoil by taking is point of view.

Romance

I don’t think that it matters too much whether they were actually in love or not. The book is hinting that they were, probably without admitting it to themselves, but that’s not the main point. I really liked the fact that their relationship was meaningful to them, in the sense that it changed their point of view and attitude (for her, we can only take her written word for it, but anyway). I’m glad that they could have such an impact on each other without actually needing to be lovers. I don’t know. Somehow I’m tired of always seeing main characters getting with each other.

5 Likes

Ok.

Ch. 7

Chapter 7 somehow managed to hit me out of nowhere…I knew it was coming the whole time and yet, somehow, I did not realize it would be that quick…Ouch.

3 Likes

でしょ、でしょ?!?!

3 Likes

This book was fun. Would recommend. 43/12 stars.

5 Likes

Finally got the book! (in Chinese) It seems a lot of people already finished it though. xD

4 Likes

On purpose?

1 Like

Just started but may take a long time

2 Likes

All Chinese Characters are created equal.

1 Like

Yes. I’m learning Chinese, but the Chinese language community is very small and not as active as the Japanese one. That’s why I’m lurking here ^^

6 Likes

I’ve read Chapter 2 quite a while ago, but never got around to post here.

Ramblings

Loved it though, I think the best part is that he’s just super reluctant to be there and super reluctant to actually do most things they do most things, but she just drags him everywhere. It’s like he’s already whipped xD or just entirely too lazy to do anything about it (which I can understand. A lot)
And I agree with everyone, I love Sakura, she’s a super interesting character with the best lines, as @lopicake pointed out a while ago.

On another note, I feel like everyone’s finished already and here I am, desperately trying to find time to read even just a few pages here and there. I really need to dial down on a lot of things I think and take more time to read (and sleep, cuz, I need that too)

6 Likes