仮分数 - Make a sentence

Can someone make a short easy to understand sentence in Japanese with this: 仮分数.
It means improper fraction.

Thanks. I won’t promise you life-long gratitude but I will be grateful.

仮分数とは、[数式]のように分子が分母と同じか大きい分数のことである。

From

Was there a reason you wanted one?

EDIT: Maybe that doesn’t meet your criteria, but I don’t really understand the purpose, I guess.

How about this (though it doesn’t involve the meaning of the word at all really…)

小学校で仮分数を勉強した。

Thanks. Actually saw that sentence and thought I would have to learn all the parts (分子 and 分母) of it too so skipped it. Your example sentence is perfect and I probably should have thought of it myself. My brain is a bit fried. Studying all day.

仮分数 is vocab from 漢字検定6級. I memorize vocab with the help of sentences.

Level 6 seems to be a big step up from 5 compared to the lower levels. Still, I want to be ready for it by the end of next month.

Yeah, the vocab on level 10-5 tests are interesting, because they are obvious for elementary school students. They don’t need to expend energy figuring out what the sentence means, just which kanji are the right ones for it.

1 Like

Yes, there is a lot of vocab that’s not so useful for me except to help my kids with their HW. Some of the things, like games and school activities, are not easily translatable. Luckily my wife can explain them to me.

Yeah, it’s easy to take a stab at what 玉入れ could be, but I’m guessing anyone who hasn’t seen a Japanese elementary school’s Sports Day wouldn’t actually know what it was.

1 Like

Yep. I could guess that one but きもだめし was a tricky one.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.