Start Date: 14th September
Last Week: Chapter 1 Part 2
Next Week: Chapter 2 Part 2

一週間フレンズ Home Thread

Last dialogue bubble of page 99 for eBook readers:
確かにちょっと割高だよね。。。

Part of the Beginner Book Club!

Vocabulary List

Please read the editing guidelines in the first sheet before adding any words!

Discussion Guidelines

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current week’s pages, and any content from later in the book/series, like this: [spoiler]texthere[/spoiler]

• When asking for help, please mention the page number (or % for eBooks).

• Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn and someone else will probably be grateful you asked!

• People usually find that they engage with and enjoy the discussion much more if they don’t read ahead, though of course it’s up to you :wink:

• To you lurkers out there: join the conversation, it’s fun!

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll:

• I’m reading along
  • I’m still reading but haven’t reached this part yet
  • I’m dropping this book

0 voters

If you’ve read it before but will join in the discussion (or have read ahead), please select “I’m reading along”!

3 Likes

Finished with this week’s. Much faster than reading two week’s worth at once, that’s for sure!

I’m pretty sure once this book club is done, I’m going to check out the anime, since I’m really liking it so far.

6 Likes

Just my thoughts about this week’s reading to liven the thread up a bit

With how much numbers keep being mentioned it definitely feels like a similar development to before is being set up, or at least like the author is trying to make it seem that way. I wonder if Hase intentionally chose things that would involve numbers or if it’s just a coincidence? Well, I guess we’ll probably find out.

2 Likes

I read the chapter. Just don’t have much to comment on…

I really think it’s just using Fujimiya’s ridiculous skill at mathematics to highlight her ridiculous pure pureness.

2 Likes

Well, I don’t really see why so many specific numbers would be used if the author wasn’t trying to highlight Fujimiya’s math skills, which is why think it’ll matter somehow. You’re probably right about the first time, but the ones after that seem like they easily could have been done without mentioning the specific numbers involved. This is all just speculation anyway though, it’s also fully possible that I’ll be completely wrong and Fujimiya just likes saying very specific numbers.

4 Likes

Finished. It was delightfully cute. :heart:

5 Likes

Hello, everyone! I decided to join and jump in since I’m familiar with the story, although I probably won’t finish on time with the group. I’m trying to catch up though.

Went to my library and asked (in my pathetic Japanese) if they had the book because I was joining a book club. Maybe I should have been more clear that I was looking for the manga. A few days later I found out the librarian had special ordered the novel for me and transcribed the first page into hiragana so that I could read it! I guess I’m obligated to master this material now.

10 Likes

… There’s a novel?

2 Likes

Apparently it’s a novelization of the movie.
Which sounds… unfortunate.

But that librarian is awesome.

3 Likes

… There’s a movie?

2 Likes

This one I know of (although I haven’t seen it).

Didn’t know about a novelization, though.

1 Like

If something is mildly popular in Japan, you can expect it to be a manga, anime, anime movie, live action movie, drama, novelization, and audio drama :wink:

3 Likes

Pah, they never made a Pokemon live-action movie. :stuck_out_tongue:

Whosaidithadtobemadeinjapan

5 Likes