キラキラで楽なWaniKani!Sparkily and Comfortable WaniKani!

I really wanted to just post a thread to talk about what a wonderful community WK is!:blush::sparkles:

I feel most like “myself” when I am studying and/or submerging myself in Japanese culture and language, though I do live in the United States. This website and the community aspect of it is such a wonderful change from the very non-Japanese-oriented day job I have at the moment.

Being able to use what I study on my own and what I studied in college is really great and I just think that maybe other people may want to share how WK affects them, too!:two_hearts::two_hearts:

What is important to you about WK and what do you enjoy most about it?:sparkles:

6 Likes

I love how WaniKani keeps me focused with constant reviews though sometimes I want to shut them in a box and ignore them.

But most of all, I loves the community! As you said, it’s wonderful. Great helpful people that will also post cat gifs for you at any time. Japanese + Cats. Could it get any better?

Some shout outs.

@Kumirei - First user I really identified with and started the totally real quotes thread. Great person!
@AnimeCanuck - Awesome person who makes the forums fun with her silly quips. Always helpful.
@Glias - My fiancee. :stuck_out_tongue:
@hinekidori - The Anki master.
@rfindley - The script master. Sooo helpful.
@viet - Our WK bug squasher and programming guru.
@anon20839864 - Our forum moderator that keeps everything happy. :blush:
@Leebo - The guy who I can trust to give me a straight answer. Super helpful.
@abertssquirrel - The squirrel that lives in our hearts.
@Borx - The one with an army. Always can entertain me.
@ ss1100 - My romcom buddy. (and romtrag)

7 Likes

For WK itself, I appreciate the way it keeps me constantly engaged. If I had continued to try and use KanjiDamage rather than paying for WK, I doubt I’d know anywhere near as many kanji. Beyond that, the community is amazing. There are so many scripts, apps, programs, etc. made by helpful users with the knowhow. Some answer questions constantly. And others compile helpful resources or even make their own. And there are plenty of fun and kind people to shoot the shit with in the down time.

@alexbeldan I’m honored to have been tagged. Also you accidentally put a space in ss1100’s tag.

2 Likes

I could only tag 10… Discourse limit.

1 Like

Ah, that sucks. I guess it’s there so someone can’t come in and tag the entire community to advertise some shady website or something.

2 Likes

aw alex, you’re gonna make me cry! here have a flower

totally agree with you @DaisyKat wanikani is a lovely sparkly place, where i’m quite comfortable.

4 Likes

I initially read this as “constantly enraged.”

10 Likes

Ikr! Who needs real life when you have the forums, pffft

4 Likes

WK for me has always been something I have just done… because. It’s a distraction from life that makes me at least feel kind of accomplished. Though it’s sometimes a love/hate relationship when life becomes too much of a distraction for WK and I end up in a review hole or on vacation mode for weeks and weeks at a time. I’m happy to have found it, though, and still plan to see it through no matter how many years it takes me (and it will take me many)

The forum has been a mostly non-related outlet for distraction. I don’t get into a lot of the learning threads because I just don’t feel… smart enough? But I have met some cool people on here, some of which I keep in contact with almost every day. Like there are strangers from the internet that I would be legitimately upset if they were to go away. Fills a space in my tiny, barely-existent, heart.

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure he wins the vote for humor and sarcastic comments. They’re rare, but never fail to make me laugh when he drops one.

3 Likes

Seriously! What lovely humans (and otherwise) we have here!

1 Like

Seems like you have a pretty decent heart there. I mean, I don’t want to throw around any fighting words here, but you seem to have a pretty decently sized heart.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.