キノの旅 Home Thread (Intermediate Book Club)

Oh? It’s not intended as a reminder of the 108 earthly temptations? :stuck_out_tongue:

Eh, I’ve found that most places include tax. Though the more they boast how cheap they are, the more likely it is that they’ve omitted the tax…

3 Likes

At least on books they seem to exclude VAT. I checked two books and they both have printed the price with (税別) added to it on the cover. Also, I looked at a BookOff price tag and it gives you a big fat price and underneath 税込 with the higher price in very small print.

For other shops I don’t remember precisely; probably Konbini’s and such already include VAT.

Also, that way we can have the weekly participation poll :star_struck:

9 Likes

This is how it’s done in the U.S., so I was actually confused that Amazon Japan included the VAT in the price and subtracted it out at checkout since I’m ordering outside of Japan.

1 Like

Just got キノの旅。Seems pretty doable based on the first few pages. :turtle::pizza::upside_down_face:

7 Likes

Y-You’re pretty doable based on the first few pages!

8 Likes

Gross

12 Likes

Uh? xD

4 Likes

Can’t tell if you’re honestly perplexed here - this could be a language issue. I’ll just point out that “to do someone” has the same colloquial meaning in English as やる does in Japanese.

4 Likes

Yeah, but you would interpret that way if I had only said “Y-You’re pretty doable”, which didn’t happen. What do pages have to do with that meaning? :man_shrugging:

Nevertheless, Tama knows I wouldn’t say such thing on purpose, not even as a joke :grin::v:

2 Likes

Oh, I’d absolutely interpret like that. Actually, I was even trying to think of a joke on that vein, but nothing was coming to me. :stuck_out_tongue:

The pages are… a metaphor?

9 Likes

:thinking: XD wha-

Doing Glias’d doesn’t have to make sense all the time, that’s what I thought :rofl: This is one of those “out of context” things that go wrong xD I’m sorry if I made @TamanegiNoKame, @Naphthalene or anyone else feel uncomfortable. That was obv not my intention.

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure everyone took that in the spirit in which it was intended. :slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

Pretty much what @Belthazar just said, I didn’t think you were actually meaning that. :slight_smile:

still, kneejerk reactions and all that jazz.

6 Likes

Haha. No worries. :sweat_smile::turtle::upside_down_face: I was slightly surprised at first, but then I just took it as a random Glias went wrong. :laughing: 苦しゅうない。

5 Likes

Today morning I got an email from Amazon JP.
I’ve never read a mail so carefully. Even if I’m only level 30, I could totally understand what they want to say!
~T :lion:

9 Likes

I’ve published a parsed deck of all vocabulary for Kino’s Journey Volume 1 on Kitsun yesterday. I’m adding decks for volume 2-4 a bit later, in case anyone other than myself is interested. :slight_smile:

Link: Here! (login required)

Now as with all parsed decks there are going to be misparses in there, however, you can very easily propose changes or leave a comment for cards within Kitsun from the individual card page or (coming Wednesday) during reviews/lessons.

I will be going through the deck myself as well, considering I fully plan on reading the book with you all. But it would be cool to create the perfect deck through a community effort :smile:

11 Likes

I just realized that I have yet to buy the book

I didn’t do it earlier because I spent a fortune last week…

soldouts

And I still need to buy drugs supplements this week…

rip

7 Likes

o::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Added to the main post. Hope @Naphthalene doesn’t mind \o/

2 Likes

Oh, looks like you even included the first sentence words appears in for some words?

1 Like