キノの旅 Home Thread (Intermediate Book Club)

Yeah, I feel like one per chapter is neater, and lets you contain the actual story discussion in one sensible place, particularly as there are going to be some random breaks.

But separate threads per week might make help to make it clearer which pages we’re currently doing, and make it less confusing navigating spoilers. Plus you get that “don’t forget to read this week’s material!” thing.

I can’t make up my mind which I think would be better, hence asking :grin:

6 Likes

Hehe yeah, there are such benefits of both I’m not sure which I would vote for if we put it to a vote :rofl:

4 Likes

You could have a home thread per chapter pointing to all relevant weekly threads. :rofl:

6 Likes

Who put you in charge :joy:

12 Likes

キノの旅は昨日の足袋ですか。機能の度ですか。帰農の旅ですか。

7 Likes

dies

4 Likes

紀埜の多日です。

5 Likes

あ! そうかい。どうもっす。

4 Likes

木の宣びなんですよ。

6 Likes

じゃあ。。。。ナプースの答えはちゃうのかい。。。わかん。

3 Likes

違うと思います。何故なら、木が話せないことです。

3 Likes

木が離せないかい。初めて聞いたわよ。めちゃくちゃコワいじゃん。。。木から逃げたまえ。

2 Likes

そうですね。気が放すと大変な事になりますよね。

2 Likes

そうかい。じゃあ木にせずに生きればなるまいし。

2 Likes

それは大事ですね!木にしすぎたら、森あがりますよ!

5 Likes

With Kiki we did a thread per chapter, meaning threads were active for 2-3 weeks. One of the downsides, not surprisingly, is that discussion tended not to happen until the end of the discussion period (especially as fewer and fewer people were reading). I think having a separate thread per week could encourage people to read and discuss the book regularly. I’m not certain it’ll be better, but I’d like to at least try it this way once and see.

10 Likes

Right, we experienced the same problem with はたらく魔王さま, since chapters were very long.

I also agree that one thread per week is probably the most appropriate. It’s fine to have cut in random places, I guess, since it’s already happening with 時をかける少女 right now, and we can deal with it :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Dang guys, I hope you’re happy. I had to check 4 different Bookoffs to find one that had the first volume. By the way, was noticing we’re up to 49(!) people on the participation poll saying they’re planning on participating. Should be fun :smiley:

4 Likes

According to Wikipedia they evolved in the '70s: Light novel - Wikipedia

1 Like

You mean whether Japan has VAT? Yes, they do; it is 8% - that’s why all the stuff in the 100-yen-stores really costs 108 yen :joy:
Also they have a habit of prominently declaring the price before VAT on the price tags (the real price is only added in fine print or maybe not at all) - this can come as a surprise on check-out…

2 Likes