よつばと! Vol 3 Discussion Thread (Yotsuba&! Reading Club)

:joy:

That was 20 hours ago, Marcus, please. xD
Although it also happens to me in class, I’m like, I should write this down so I don’t forget:
checks notebook Already written down. :weary:

1 Like

LOL! It was me! Sorry! Now you know why it takes me over a month to do a single level on WK! Sorry!

Edit: I’m so slow! Nearly an hour later and I finally understand why you wrote a post with just “Jisho” and a frown! So sorry @Kazzeon! Learning Japanese is such a struggle for me and my few remaining brain cells, and I really appreciate the help you always so kindly give.

1 Like

Page 119

We went on a day-trip to Saitama Children’s Zoo today, and I couldn’t help but think of Yotsuba everywhere we went. But luckily no goats were punched today!

6 Likes

Did Yotsuba punch a goat, and I forgot about it? :joy:
Also, I’ll check those pics, then. :eyes:
A penguin! :smiley:

1 Like

She did, and it was the first thing I thought of when I saw the goats! (I remember all the stories, but forget all the Japanese! lol!)

1 Like

Found it!
I was looking for a chapter named 動物園 or something, but it was ゾウ instead. :stuck_out_tongue:

Did you give them carrots? :open_mouth:

4 Likes

Haha! I read it the other day :rofl:

2 Likes

Hey, I noticed the tab for chapter 21 in the Vocab spreadsheet is empty, just letting you know in case nobody noticed it. have a good one

2 Likes

Man. First couple panels of page 54 took me way, way, to long to figure out.
Thought at first that Yotsuba was confused why you would visit a dead person, as in, visit their grave. Got stuck on this idea and couldn’t see around it.

Reminds me of the lady I saw in Nara punch a deer right in it’s mouth, for trying to eat a cracker she was holding. Wish the deer had kicked her ass.

She’s confused to why you would visit the house of a dead person.

For whatever reason my mind went to, she’s an orphan, from a foreign country. She must not understand the family dynamic, and Japanese culture. She must be explaining the differences between their families or something. Mind went totally off the rails.
Was a very “man I’m dumb” moment went I stopped making up stories in my mind, and trying to make the panels fit what was in my head.

She’s confused because she’s only got one grandmother.

You’re not completely off the rails, here. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Goats! (?)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/dp7531NuP6F4qU1A6

I was at an event called Fiestas del Sol in my city. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

@Kazzeon, did you punch one?

2 Likes

I thought about it. :eyes: But they were so cute. :blush:

3 Likes

Hah. I was gonna ask that. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Is it too late to have a question about this volume? This panel is killing me! Page 33 on chapter 16.

Is the ゆっと supposed to be from 言う ? Even so… I still don’t get it. Is she saying that she has to talk with とっちゃん to play with the fireworks?

2 Likes

Yep, I think ゆっと here means 言う.

In the previous panel she’s saying she’ll call Ena and Fuuka to come play with the fireworks.

Then this panel is her saying “Oh! I need to tell my Dad to come as well.” I think it’s more so he doesn’t miss out, as opposed to seeking permission from him.

Hopefully I got that right!

5 Likes

It’s never too late to ask questions. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Page 33

Great to see someone reading Yotsuba and asking questions! Thank you @VictorLino!

Actually, there was quite a bit of discussion on that panel. I think this wonderful post from @xarde sums it up best!

The way to find previous discussions is to use the search function at the top right, tick “search this topic” and put in the page number.

On the other hand, I’d completely forgotten all of this grammar, so your reminder of it all this morning is actually very useful!

3 Likes