よつばと! Reading club

Okay, it looks like maybe we’ve got the votes we’re going to get on the poll.

August 5th is technically the winner, and it’s sort of in the middle time-wise (July 29th would probably be the other “compromise” choice in the end).

Let’s start August 5th unless anyone has a particular objection. I’ll get the thread up and post the dates sometime this week.

3 Likes

Enough time to catch up. :sweat_smile:

Hey guys, Volume 5 thread is here!

Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. I also updated the original post in this thread with the new link.

3 Likes

Time to relax catching up to some Yotsuba. :relaxed:

1 Like

Should be good to go until we get to 14! Time to play catch up!

5 Likes

Shiny. You didn’t buy volume 14, though?

Not yet, I couldn’t find a good deal that had all 1-14 that would get here before we start reading so I just did 1-13 for now and I’ll grab 14 when we get closer to reading it.

1 Like

How much was it for all of them? :open_mouth:

I bought these for 50 bucks total, which is not bad IMO, I’ve wasted a lot more money things I have not used as much as I have these books already (and most of them are still in the plastic wrap…)

2 Likes

That’s a nice deal. :smiley:

Found this in Kinokuniya. It’s literally a book full of pictures of Yotsuba with black-and-white animals. Like… why?

I did, however, buy this, because I’m such a sucker for this kind of Japanese street photography.

9 Likes

Why not? :wink:

3 Likes

Because colour has been a thing since at least the mid-twentieth century. How about Yotsuba and a toucan? :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, but in the twenty-first century you aren’t supposed to see color anymore

1 Like

I should have announced yesterday, but we are starting Volume 5 this week!

2 Likes

Time flies, and we’re already one chapter from the end of volume 5!

When would you like to start Volume 6?
You can select up to three preferred dates.

• September 23 (No break)
  • September 30
  • October 7 (After のんのんびより vol. 1 ends)
  • October 14
  • October 21
  • October 28

0 voters

Also, I noticed the other two active series from the Beginner Book Club start their schedules on Saturdays.
This club starts on Sundays and I was considering shifting it to Saturday for consistency.

Do you have a preference on this?

• Keep the schedule as-is (Starts on Sundays)
  • Change the schedule to start on Saturdays
  • I have no preference

0 voters

1 Like

We start on Saturdays, tho? .-.
Oh! We did on the previous volumes, never noticed the change.
And by that I apparently mean Volume 1. :dizzy_face:
Edit 4,000: Every chapter discussion start has been on Saturday for me. :joy: Even if the schedule says otherwise.

Yeah…I’ve been posting it mid-day Saturday (I am in the U.S.) with the intention “if we have members living in Japan it’s technically Sunday now”.

So I guess indeed it’s a little fuzzy anyway.

1 Like

I think that has been the idea since the start. :open_mouth:
A month of break is too much. :weary:

1 Like

I voted for a late start on the next volume because I’ll be away for most of October. No other reason. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like