のんのんびより Home Thread (Beginner Book Club)

I’ve been finding it easier as I’ve become more used to the language, and I do find it funny at times, but there’s just so much else I want to read that I can’t see myself wanting to continue with it any time soon.

There’ll be a kitsun deck available for volume 1 by the end of the week though, which might be useful for those wanting to continue :wink: and there’s no recall in this one :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

After reading chapter 8-9 I have found that NNB wasn’t as difficult as I thought when I rage quit after chapter 3 some weeks ago (still haven’t read chapter 4-7 btw). Difficulty is not an issue anymore. But I have also found that one book club is what I have time for right now and anything more (while perhaps possible) is pushing it. For me, continue reading NNB depends on what’s going on in the other book clubs, what the next book will be and if we continue with Aria or not.

more first world problems

If I just quit the anki core 10k deck, then it would free up a large amount of time to read on the weekdays. This would solve the problem of having to pick and choose. But I don’t want to and I struggle finding a happy medium. This is entirely my own fault. Either way, it’s probably going to be this way for another 6-9 months at least.

@tessberg I can relate. I’m the opposite though. I usually just end up slacking on my studies to read more. :laughing:

@Pamput I think mostly everyone has voted in the poll. If you, @Kumirei, @ditto20, and @hachiken want to keep reading just the four of you, feel free. I’ve updated the home thread to be a wiki so you can add a volume 2 schedule if you decide to continue.

3 Likes

I’ve been like that for years with Japanese, especially once reading became easy enough.
So I decided to go the other way around. (So now I slack on both studying and reading :persevere:)

3 Likes

Yeah… I’m hoping I can pick things back up again around December. I want to continue some N3 grammar lessons on Bunpro and get WaniKani lessons started again around then. Plus I need to figure out whether to continue iKnow or switch over to Kitsun for Core Vocab. Plus I need to figure out if I want to use Floflo before reading 時をかける少女. How will I possibly have time for all that???

2 Likes

You have to read chapter 4. It’s compulsory.

2 Likes

I made a deck of vocab from this volume on kitsun if anybody would like to use it :blush:

https://kitsun.io/store/detail/5bb4b1e85203456dbda2b05e

(mmmm, that URL!)

It doesn’t have every word ever, but I tried to be more comprehensive than I was for the Aria deck I made so you’ll probably be able to hibernate lots of the cards (I’ve hibernated ~120 of the 400 cards).
It just does meaning and reading at the moment; I’m planning to add the option for users to do recall cards once it’s possible to filter that out in kitsun, so that it doesn’t annoy people who don’t want recall!

/shamelessbutactuallyveryembarrassedplug

8 Likes

I wouldn’t say I have no interest in continuing. Just… not much.

1 Like