のんのんびより Home Thread (Beginner Book Club)

They’re here!

I was surprised at how small the package was when it arrived, they’re really tiny compared to Aria. ^^

5 Likes

Yep, this is a normal size for a manga (I hear some shonen manga are even smaller). Aria the Masterpiece is oversized and contains two volumes in one. But that’s why Aria the Masterpiece is so nice from a collector’s perspective. :slight_smile:

This should stay a secret, sir :stuck_out_tongue:

Yesterday I missed my delivery, sad times. Tomorrow I’m staying at home so it shouldn’t happen again, can’t wait!

1 Like

I just told them to leave it at the door. :man_shrugging:

I assume someone has got the kindle version. How does it look? Is it a good experience?

I assume you have to purchase those using a jp amazon account, which means you have to swap your account on the kindle, which is annoying (or buy a new kindle :stuck_out_tongue: if money is not a thing for you).

Usually all my deliveries get picked up by my poor neighbours (I’m really sorry random family from Flat number 2!) so it’s usually never a problem. But this time around the delivery requires a sign, so I assume they didn’t leave it with anyone other than me by default. Not sure if this is always the case though, I bought stuff from amazon.co.jp and shipped stuff to the UK, maybe for you guys from across the pond it’s different?

So this is why you ordered that. 381150371835281409

I opted out of that.

I read the first three chapters with the sample ebook version from Bookwalker. In my opinion it was a mediocre experience and the physical book was significantly nicer.

I don’t have a kindle, but I bought the electronic version from Bookwalker, and am using their app on my ipad. It’s not the same as a book, but I don’t mind it for something like this. Well, I am going to give it a try for Vol 1 and see how it goes! It was a darn sight cheaper than shipping to Australia. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

When are you gonna pick up all your manga from Japan?

2ヶ月以内に
:grinning:

1 Like

たくさん買ってね! :grin:

In other news, here is the vocab sheet for Non Non Biyori.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gnIQnCxJEBpOy5u5HjnyrF8mknqZIYXQ_0Me5CWXHlE/edit

4 Likes

The Kindle version is probably a lot nicer on my Kindle than on my phone… or maybe i’ll get the PC version and read it there.

check out BRIDGE SHIP HOUSE. she does some cool landscape manga.

just FYI, Japanese books are still ordered left to right, that way you are actually reading all the way through
i don’t have a nice graph to show…

yes, i am well into using ebooks for comics… it’s actually easier for me than books these days, still novels i find weird on ebook (I just checked and i have 170 books on ebook Japan)

i’ll probably have a go at reading this on the weekend, and then trying to go back over it with the group :slight_smile:

Thanks so much! I went ahead and added some words from the first couple of pages that I had on my own google doc, I hope that’s ok!

Not a problem, but please make sure to paste everything in the correct format from now on. :slight_smile: If you double click before pasting (so the cursor is blinking in the cell), you’ll paste in plain text instead of formatted text. Also, be sure to read the editing guide when you get a chance. :slight_smile:

Yeah! My stuff just arrived! I tried to span across several things this time around :stuck_out_tongue:

Also: annoying stickers…

9 Likes

#mood

8 Likes

All%20the%20Book%20Clubs

yes, I was too lazy to turn that into a book

9 Likes

I am joining for this book, not sure if i’m ready for reading but whatever, lets try

3 Likes