のんのんびより Home Thread (Beginner Book Club)

Does it count as starting late if I start within the first week? :thinking: I might be cramming the first chapter on the Friday…

1 Like

For the participation poll, I should have made an option for “Yes, but I’m @Naphthalene so I’ve already finished”.

3 Likes

I’ve put in a regular yes instead :crazy_face:

1 Like

Sure joining! Can’t be more thankful to this club! My japanese has improved massively since I joined. Really happy :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Shipping from japan to the uk costs a penny :stuck_out_tongue: if I’m going to buy something I’m going to get a bunch (not that I’m saving anything actually, it’s just an excuse… don’t tell on me to my girlfriend :stuck_out_tongue: )

Who is your girlfriend? I need to know so I can… make sure I don’t tell them :eyes:

4 Likes

Delivery!

7 Likes

Must be nice being able to order from (some) third party sellers…

Actually, while the books came from third party vendors the package was assembled (from the vendors) by Amazon Japan as one package.

On my order it says it’s sold by Amazon

But on the item page it says the real vendor’s name.

The spines are so cute!

3 Likes

Ooo, nice. If you don’t mind, could you check something for me? Starting with the second volume, the English version started including notes in the margins - mostly short character bios, the same as they have in the manga magazines, but there’s also extra ones labeled “Factoid”, which read very much like they’re included specifically for an English-speaking audience. Just curious as to whether they’re in the Japanese version but heavily localised for the English version, or whether they were invented out of whole cloth for the English version.

My version doesn’t have any page numbers, but there’s one on the ninth page of chapter 10 (counting the chapter title page as 1), all about report cards in Japan.

It gets better - the spine images are part of the back cover images, which feature all four main characters.

1 Like

Oh! And seeing them would make it much easier to find in book off (I’m not planning to buy them, but still).

Which made me think, @seanblue, do you mind sharing somewhere appropriate (the main beginner book club thread? Or maybe as pseudo PM) the spine of ご注文はうさぎですか? I want to be prepared before I take my revenge.

1 Like
photos

1 Like

@Kumirei Oh I found the bundle. Buying the bundle (delivery to U.S. at least) is the same as buying all the items individually.

@Naphthalene I’ll take pictures of the spines and front and back covers and post them somewhere tonight. Maybe it’s a good excuse to make that miscellaneous ご注文はうさぎですか discussion topic.

1 Like

Yeah, pretty much. However, the bundle is a few tens of yen cheaper per book.

Are you sure? The price of the individual volumes aren’t all the same.

Yeah. This is volume 2, 12, 7, and 3, from my order.

If I go to their item pages…

image image image image

That’s because the item pages include Japan’s taxes but the checkout page doesn’t. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh

1 Like

You got your set already? No fair. I ordered mine the 2nd and it still hasn’t arrived. It is stuck in customs currently.