にゃんにゃん Reading Group -- Getting the most?

Yep! The last few chapters are mostly the remaining readers discussing the story and so on :grin:

You’re all gonna get much more experienced and used to the particular style of this book too, so you’ll probably find you have fewer grammar and vocabulary questions the more of it you read ^^

I got a like from seanblue on my previous post, so I reckon my summary was okay :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you! Yes, that’s what happened in Yotsuba too. So the first few chapters of vol.1 were hundreds of posts long, while the last few chapters in vol.4 have been a fraction of that (I still pop in to take a look at what’s going on over there!)

No problem! Yep, haha, the Aria ones are already shorter too (but it means they’re really easy to navigate!) ^^ Now I’m getting told off by discourse for replying to you too many times, so I’ll stop stalking your book club :grin:

1 Like

Thank you so much! Your stalking is much appreciated! :smiley:

2 Likes

Okay! The second story of the book has just started over on the main thread.

Are you joining us for this one @ShawnPCooke, @Stagrid, @Arzar33, @MattMatt, @Cristina-Z, @dunlewy, @Alansan, @Dwrlesky, @Docchan, @Foxington

Are you joining us for this one @Oshietekun, @Kumichan, @Merkkie, @Miimers, @Ncastaneda, @westinah, @Mexikanas, @PhyberApex, @reichter, @ccprince, …

Are you joining us for this one @frugal, @0ctag0n, @liviabs, @daifukudreams, @Noelyuk, @Starry-Bunny, @edithh, @PomfPomf, @Echokami, @Buckmeister,

Are you joining us for this one @Abstormal, @MikkaFelipe, @Tyger, @Lureene, @adamstan, @LawlietBlack, @Onomatapop, @ShaunOfTheLive, @wombat, @polenep,

1 Like

Are you joining us for this one @LauraM, @nko12, @aplayne, @wholehole, @Tanuri, and @Ladymerelan?

Apologies if I missed you off of this list, included you with no good reason, or messed up in some other way! I think everyone here has definitely got a copy of the book and I wondered (a) how’s your reading going? and (b) are you joining us for the second story? It starts now on page 51!

2 Likes

I’ve finished the first story and looking forward to continue with the next one! <3

1 Like

That is brilliant! Thank you so much!

1 Like

And if you ant to find how many are still active, add a simple poll on the reading thread, asking who is active (currently reading, trying to catch up, just looking - or something to that effect =) )

2 Likes

Alas, no. I’m going to stick to the graded readers for a while longer, and spend more time on grammar study. I’ve worked out a pace for working through Tae Kim and Japanese Ammo’s “Grammar for Absolute Beginners” that should get me through them by the end of the year. First of next year, I’m going re-evaluate and see what I’m up to reading.

1 Like

That’s a good idea! Thank you!

Sounds like you’ve got a good programme! Nice one!
And thank you!

1 Like

Yup, count me in! (Though I’ll probably spend most of the time hanging around quietly in the background saying very little, as is my wont ^^;; )

1 Like

I’m gonna try to catch up, but I’m only on page 34 :sweat:

1 Like

I‘m still trying to catch up on the first story. I‘m on page 28 now, it‘s more difficult than I thought two read two pages a day (especially if you insist on rereading everything up to that page as well).
But I will try to catch up tomorrow (lots of time) and try to join the second story. Keep the discussions coming! I might not contribute much, but I am reading the comments.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I have two surgeries to get through, and will have to drop out for the moment. I’ll try it again later. Thanks!