にゃんにゃん - Kitty Detectives - Vol. 1

Welcome to the にゃんにゃん探偵団 (Volume 1) Reading Group!

If your Japanese is beginner level, you want to read a real book, you like mysteries, and you like cats, this is the place for you!

nyannnyann

There are a number of books in the series, but this thread is for this volume here (available on Amazon.jp on Amazon.com on Amazon.de) which contains three short stories.

This group began on July 1st, 2018 and, reading two pages per day, finished on Wednesday the 5th of September. It was a lot of fun and there were comments, questions, and answers for pretty much each page of the book. We hope that this thread will now be a valuable resource for anyone reading the book after us.

Although this book-club is now finished, if you are reading the book and come across a problem, there might be a chance someone can still help you here. Just please check before posting that your question hasn’t already been answered. The best way to do that is to put the page number in the search bar and search this thread. Likewise, if you do post here, please ensure you put the page number at the top of your post.

We hope you enjoy reading this book as much as we did, and that this thread will be of some use to you!

Plus… if you want to read more, you can find the second volume here:

And the main thread for all the books in the series is here:

Reading Schedule

Reading Date Jump To Discussion
Story one July 1st to July 22nd, 2018 link
Story two July 22nd to August 12th, 2018 link
Story three August 12th to September 5th, 2018 link
Post-bookclub questions not covered previously link

Resources

Joining in?

Poll now closed.

• Yep, count me in!
  • No thanks!

0 voters

44 Likes

For those living in the US or those who prefer the US Amazon site, here is a page where you can get a used copy:

I just ordered mine!

3 Likes

that translation tho :sweat_smile:

42 Likes

That is brilliant! Nice one! And thank you for sharing the link!
Did they give you an estimated arrival date?

1 Like

June 22 - July 10. But keep in mind that when you’re ordering from an Amazon Seller, every one is going to have a different delivery range. I saw some as late as August.

Seriously. Why not “kitty”?

2 Likes

Ouch. Perhaps we’ll have to set back the start date a bit. See how it goes. But I remember when we were starting the Yotsuba club, most books seemed to arrive earlier. Hope it’s the same.

Yes, “kitty”, or even “meow meow” detectives!

1 Like

Hey, got a question: I can’t afford the 25$ right now and I’m in Europe so travelling fees are a plus. I see tho that there’s a Kindle version in the amazon.jp store for 1000 yen, does anyone know if I can buy it and make it work in my kindle?

2 Likes

Sorry, I don’t know about Kindle, but if it helps, currently there are used copies on Amazon.jp starting at just one yen! That would make things cheaper I guess?

Well that’s a bargain, but they only ship to Kanto. :laughing:

1 Like

Oh no, sorry about that!

大丈夫だ, I’ll think about it!

1 Like

Just ordered it from Amazon.co.jp. estimated delivery between June 20th and July 17th. Usually it’s way more precise than that. I hope I can get it in time.

I saw there’s also a dog series in the same fashion!

1 Like

I just ordered it from amazon.de! Super excited! :clap:

4 Likes

Nice one! Me too! But if it hasn’t arrived in time then we’ll delay the start! And wouldn’t it be great to do one of the dog ones next??!!

That is wonderful! This is going to be fun!

1 Like

Nyann nyann
Count me in

1 Like

Wonderful! Wonderful!

Just bought the digital copy. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s great! Nice one!

Ordered ! Estimated delivery June 21th to June 30th :heart_eyes_cat:

1 Like