なぜ?どうして?Finished!

To be honest, I don’t own a Kindle, just kinda assumed I would get a .mobi file when buying a book for Kindle and will be able to convert it to something more open that my ebook reader would be able to pick up. After reading some stuff on the web I am starting to doubt it would be that easy. Heh, I hate those DRMs…

1 Like

I don’t own a Kindle either, I use Windows and Android apps to read, it can also be converted to mobi using Calibre but I’m not sure the formatting will be good.

I also just received an e-mail from Amazon that the book will be here this Thursday (Oct. 11). Looking good.

3 Likes

My book arrived on Friday. Looks nice :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I am also joining the group! This will be my first Japanese reading experience, I’m pretty excited :slight_smile:
I bought the ebook on ebookjapan (what an adventure to use this store^^) and I can read it in my browser. However, I installed the ebi reader app on my android phone and it won’t let me download the book. I get the error message “Network error. The device is not registered”. But I can open the preinstalled books without any problem. Did anyone have the same problem with the ebi reader and happens to know how to fix it? Otherwise, I’ll just read on the computer, but on the phone would have been more convenient.

2 Likes

Super new to all of this but I’ve ordered the book and will give it my best shot :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Did you log into your account? I have the iPhone app and never had the issue you’re describing.

Yes, I did. I can see the book in my library and click on it, but it won’t download.

That’s odd. I literally just downloaded three manga that I already had in my library but hadn’t downloaded yet.

I guess it is odd. Maybe it will resolve itself, or maybe I will just have to read it on my computer :wink:
Thank you anyway!

I’m really new, but I’d like to give it a try! Do you think it’d be reasonable considering the fact I’m only at level 1 right now?

2 Likes

Level one could mean a million different things! It all depends on how much Japanese you already know. I’d say, that in order to start reading this, you’d have to fully know hiragana. If you can’t read hiragana pretty fluently, that’d be the first thing to learn. Next, you’d need to be at least pretty familiar with katakana. These are the basics. Beyond that, a small amount of grammar would be useful, but to be honest, you don’t need too much to get started with this book (luckily for me!) and you’ll learn plenty as you go along (which is the point of the bookclub!). As for level one kanji knowledge - no problem at all!

1 Like

My book has arrived. As for others Amazon said it could take months but arrived within the week.

Bonus point: latest WK lesson introduced the word 不思議 (ふしぎ) - marvel - so one less word to look up!

5 Likes

That is brilliant! lol!

Thank you for the reply! I do know hiragana and katakana really well at this point. I think I’ll go ahead and buy the ebook, I’m excited for November!

2 Likes

That’s great! Welcome aboard!

First timer here! Im in Japan right now, how big do you guys estimate that I can find this book in a store here? AmazonJP says 1 month shipping time :fearful:

1 Like

Pretty much any bookshop, large or small, with a kids section, will have it.

1 Like

Alright then I will take on this challenge of navigating my way through there, thanks!

3 Likes

I just bought it! I don’t know what’s going on, but I am excited :smiley:

2 Likes