なぜ?どうして?Finished!

Hey I currently live in Japan, I can send you a copy if you want to pay for it and ship it to my address. No pressure though.

2 Likes

Thanks for the offer, but I’ve ordered from CDJapan and its on the way.

4 Likes

Welp…I went and ordered it…guess I’m part of the club now!

7 Likes

Well I ordered it from amazon.jp and it said that it will arrive in a month or so, but yesterday I received an email that said that the book will arrive tomorrow. Not bad at all!

3 Likes

So hit a bit of a snag…anyone know where I could possibly get this in Japan? Should I sift through the shelves of Book Off? Would it be carried in any regular book store? I can’t pay for anything online as I currently don’t have access to a credit card, and my Japanese bank won’t let me sign up for a debit/credit with them ;;;;;;;

1 Like

It’s too new for Book Off I think, but pretty much any kids section in any book shop will have new copies. It’s just 800 yen.

1 Like

Oh, nice offer @Inochiko, that’s super kind of you!
So sorry I missed that @Rowena. If I’d been paying more attention I would have made the same offer myself. I’ve known you for a while on the forums here and you’ve always been very nice! Glad you’ve got a copy on the way though!

1 Like

ordered yesterday from CDjapan and waiting like a little kid now haha good to read how many ppl participate in the reading group!

4 Likes

Sounds fun!! I’m in

5 Likes

Newbie to WaniKani but this sounds like fun so I’m in!
I ordered the book on Amazon.jp and I really hope it’ll get here in time, it sounds promising that other people are getting shipping notices. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

You should definitely try Kinokuniya or Readings. Kinokuniya has a whole section on Japanese books - I was able to get Howl’s Moving Castle, My Neighbour Totoro and Kiki’s Delivery Service delivered to Melbourne within a week. There were some others as well, that I’d found from lists around these forums.

1 Like

I did - they were out of stock and I had points with CDJapan that needed to be used before they expired.

It doesn’t look like they have ever had it in stock…

I bought it from Amazon. Looking forward to starting with the group.

2 Likes

ok, so there’s a slight problem: my kindle app has no pages, it has percentage.

So is this book like a kids primer?

It’s a book for kids in the second year of elementary school. Not a school text book, just aimed at that level. So, for kids about 7 to 8 years old. And it’s great!

1 Like

Have you tried changing your settings to display page numbers? Apparently it’s not available for every book, but if you haven’t checked it, it’s worth a try.

From the Amazon website:

View Your Reading Progress

While reading, you can view pages read or the percentage of a book read on your Kindle.

The Time To Read feature uses your reading speed to calculate how much time is left before you finish your chapter or book. Your specific reading speed is stored only on your Kindle; it is not stored on Amazon servers.

To use Time to Read:

1. While reading, tap the top of the screen to show the reading toolbar.
  2. Tap the Display Settings (Aa) icon, and then tap the Reading Progress tab.
  3. Select your preferred tracking option to be displayed at the bottom of your screen:
  • Location in book
  • Page in book (if available)
  • Time left in chapter
  • Time left in book
  • None

Note: Real page numbers are not available for all Kindle books.

EDIT:
I just tested it out. I can change these settings on my Kindle Paperwhite and Kindle for Samsung app (for a different book though, I don't have a Kindle edition of なぜ?どうして?); however, I couldn't locate that feature on the Kindle app for Mac.
For Kindle Paperwhite, proceed as stated above. For the Samsung app, just tap "Location" at the bottom of the screen several times until it changes to page number.
1 Like

Awesome! I’ve been looking for stuff like this!

1 Like

Works on my paperwhite, couldn’t find it on my phone’s app. Thanks :slight_smile:

I think I’ll try and be a little more active in the community. I wasn’t sure how long I would last here at WaniKani but I sure am enjoying my time.

Excited to read with you all!

8 Likes