なぜ?どうして?Finished!

Got an update from CDJapan saying that due to shortage that there will be a delay D: Hope it gets here in time.

1 Like

I love how the WK bookclubs do that! (But I do hope you can get a copy in time!)

2 Likes

I know it’s not the same, as physical books are always better, but here’s the Rakuten link.
If you’ve an eReader, you can get the ePub and then use Calibre to fit in the book on a Kindle.

If you’ve a Kobo like me it will be sent automatically. Just pointing that out!

2 Likes

I managed to order via ebookjapan and had to create a profile first.
I understood the most important parts, but not very much than that.
However, I got the e-book and am ready for November 1! Yay!

3 Likes

How does it look on your kobo? I might return my amazon ebook if it’s good.

I want to try doing this, although my understanding of japanese is still very low :sweat_smile: It’s my first time joining a bookclub… I’m gonna give it a try… I’m thinking which is better? a hard copy of the book or an ebook? Will i get it on time if ever i order a hard copy though?

3 Likes

Might be better to get an ebook to ensure you get it on time. I ordered a physical copy but due to shortages there will be a delay. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh okay… I’ll try ordering it now… Thanks :smile:

I much prefer a hard copy as you can write your notes directly on the page. But yes, if there’re no paper copies left, then an ebook would be best!

2 Likes

Good point! Why didn’t i thought of that? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I just bought the ebook! Took me a minute to figure out that it is read from right to left though :joy: And there I was thinking if there was any problem with the ebook 'cause I can’t scroll the pages :joy::joy:

I checked the delivery date for the hard copy and it won’t make it in time if I ordered it, so I went with the ebook…

3 Likes

I just ordered the book and will join you if it arrives on time.

4 Likes

I did the same thing!

2 Likes

Most people find that the paper book usually arrives sooner than expected, but it’s great that you’ve got the ebook!

My book arrived today. Something’s wrong though, it’s printed backwards…
:slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thank you so much for starting this! Just got my e-book from ebookjapan and am looking forward to starting.

2 Likes

Just ordered a physical copy from Amazon JP! Hopefully it will get here in time. I’m only at WK level 3 (hope to be done with Level 4 by the time the book club starts), so this will likely be a challenge. Excited for my first WK Community reading group!

2 Likes

Ok… I bought the ebook, because I think I cannot get in on time in the US without paying a lot in CD Japan. I see I can read it online… Does anyone know if I can download it to a device?

Thanks!

1 Like

Ok, I found the app for the iPad. I think I’m good

1 Like

I want to try doing this, although my understanding of japanese is still very low :sweat_smile:

I am in the exact same situation - but I really want to learn, and as I am working daytime and only have classes once a week, a lot of self study is required, so by joining this bookclub I hope to get myself used to reading and understanding Japanese

4 Likes