なぜ?どうして?Finished!

This book looks like fun :slight_smile: Just bough it on amazon and I think I’ll give it a go. That is, when I’m done with にゃんにゃん, which I’m going very slowly through :wink: (sorry that I didn’t manage to keep up with reading group :frowning: )

3 Likes

I’ve ordered the book but it might not arrive by 1st Nov. Not sure I understand as I tried to buy some manga from amazon.jp and they wouldn’t deliver it to the UK but this book was fine.

1 Like

I use CD Japan myself. The site is all in English which makes for a much less daunting shopping experience for a beginner.

I don’t think they sell ebooks though.

3 Likes

The first place I looked was CD Japan and it didn’t come up (?:thinking:) - thanks for posting the link.

1 Like

Happy to help :blush:

2 Likes

Link added to the main post - thank you!

1 Like

I just bought the book ! count me in !

2 Likes

My first thought on seeing this thread was the same as @Radish8’s :grin:

But while I work my way through the first story of にゃんにゃん I have to agree to @marcusp - I really have to look up many words in a dictionary. However, today wanikani showed me 美術 for the first time - which I already knew from the book :smiley:

I’m going to take a look at this book and see if it’s something I’d like to read. :blush:

Edit: okay, might be going for the ebook version this time :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Maybe the manga weren’t sold by amazon itself but from some other person via marketplace? I think these don’t send their stuff outside of Japan.

1 Like

With things sold directly by amazon it’s also hit and miss - some items are delivered fine, while with others I get the message that delivery to my address is impossible.

1 Like

This was just an idea :woman_shrugging:
I have only ordered at amazon.jp twice myself and didn’t have any shipping problems to Germany.

Someone else has a solution?

1 Like

Thank you, @zuzu, I just ordered it from CDJapan. This is the first time I’ve ordered anything from Japan, how exciting! And for an older person, how amazing that it’s so easy and fast to buy a book from so far away.

4 Likes

That’s nice I didn’t know that. I will check it out for future purchases. Thank you.

2 Likes

Question before I buy it from ebookjapan, has anybody ordered something before there? There are no recurring charges or whatnot when I order something right?

I’m just being extra cautious right now, for one because I don’t understand everything that’s written there and also because I am currently in the situation where I have to pay a monthly recurring fee although I cancelled the subscription in time.

1 Like

I’m fairly sure @MissMisc uses ebookjapan and will be able to tell you more :blush: sorry if that’s not true, MissMisc!

3 Likes

Correct, it’s not a subscription-based service, so you only pay for things at checkout ^^

3 Likes

Ah okay thanks for the clarification!

I’ll order it tomorrow then (for real this time :sweat_smile:)

3 Likes

I have ordered from ebookJapan, no recurring stuff but now I get promotional emails that are all in Japanese :joy:

5 Likes

Bonus practice material!

6 Likes

I ordered some sewing patterns from Japan recently and same thing (once a week), and I do view them as Belthazar suggests, as free native content!

2 Likes