なぜ?どうして?Finished!

Ah, what the hell. I’m gonna order it now.

I sure like learning about the world! :wink:

2 Likes

I guess if you can’t figure out how to buy the book, you aren’t ready for the class yet… :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Just ordered it! I am expecting it between 13/10 and 3/11.
I hope I will be able to keep up for a while and not drop out eventually!

2 Likes

Look like might have to setup a amazon.jp account not sure.
I was hoping there is a ebay listing for this book but haven’t found one, I’m about to try searching in romaji

I haven’t used ebookjapan before.
The book is simple from what I can tell, I mean it even says grade 2 on it lol. So I would not be scared off by not understanding a webpage with tons of kana on it and designed for natives.

you can also copy a web address in google translate and it will open a whole webpage translator for you which might be helpful. I’m mostly using context clues to understand anyone on the websites lol

1 Like

Do you have to setup a amazon japan account? I tried logging in with my normal account but no luck.
Have not ordered stuff from amazon japan yet, just heard of others doing so.

It’s easy from amazon.jp. All you have to do is making an account there and some google translate.
It cost me around 17 euro to come to Netherlands.

2 Likes

I just created an eBookJapan account, I will probably buy it tomorrow.

にゃんにゃん was a bit too advanced for me in terms of grammar. But since then I think I have improved a bit so I’ll give this one a go.

3 Likes

Hmmm… Might pick me up some 1年生 books sometime. Those 2年生 might be beyond me at this point.

2 Likes

FYI, you can change amazon japan interface language to English if you want.

5 Likes

I wanted to get the book, even set up a new amazon account, just to see that I can’t get it as a E-Book from Germany for some reason -_-. Sadly I only have a kindle, so I am quite reliant on amazon, any tips how to circumvent this? :smiley:

You have to create a new account on Amazon.co.jp with a different email than your Amazon.de account and you need to add a Japanese address into your address book. It can be some bogus address because you’re only going to buy ebooks anyway.

2 Likes

Thanks Radish8. It’s funny, I started out with よつばと!, and read 3 volumes thanks to the book club here, but it was really much too difficult for me. Then we did にゃんにゃん, which was easier but still more hard-labour dictionary work than actual reading! So now this - which is a hundred times easier, and just as interesting in its own way! I think I’ll stick to this book (and series) for a while and hopefully go back to the detective books and Yotsuba in the future. (In the meantime, perhaps someone else will set up a club for another detective book?)

4 Likes

There’s a language button just below the search button on the right of the search bar.

4 Likes

For future purchases, the shop Verasia is in Germany (to save you some postage, but the books might cost more…?).

@Dadung, this might help you too.

Edit: I just realised there is also Verasia Europe in Spain (which allows shipping around the world; Verasia Germany only ships within Europe).

2nd Edit: @icenando These European shops might be of use to you, too.

6 Likes

Hey, I will be picking this up, so I’ll try and keep up with this one this time around. I have some other graded readers around this level so I think it will be a nice addition.

3 Likes

ordered the book. i guess i’m all in now. :open_mouth:

2 Likes

My hope/plan as well!

2 Likes

Using a spreadsheet, I calculated the dates:

Page 10: Thursday, 1 November 2018
Page 37: Wednesday, 28 November 2018
Page 51: Wednesday, 12 December 2018
Page 89: Saturday, 19 January 2019
Page 141: Tuesday, 12 March 2019

1 Like

You are a superstar wunderbunny! A real superstar! Thank you!

1 Like

Lowest-level reading group ever, that sounds like it’s for me!! (Please ignore that 1 next to my name for now, returning after long break, level reset, you know…)

3 Likes