しろくまカフェ Vol 1: Absolute Beginner Book Club

I mean… I think if someone is planning on buying volume 2 anyway (I guess they could order it for you?) there is probably not much harm in downloading the pdf in the meantime. We are doing a good thing for the sales of this manga here, I don’t think anyone who hasn’t managed to get a copy by the time this starts has to be super guilty if they are looking for an „inofficial“ source as an interim solution.

You seem to be part of the problem :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I can’t really answer the second poll yet because I have no idea whether I’ll enjoy the manga or not. I’m 100% open to buying more volumes if the manga is enjoyable/interesting though.

I bought the ebook so I can read it on one of my monitors and have the other monitor with the wordlist. Now I want the hardcopy lol, I guess I just have to get both. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I picked up Sailor Moon at Book Off a while back and … I can barely understand what’s going on. The first volume of Yotsuba& gave me a bit of trouble but Sailor Moon is hard to follow, for some reason.

2 Likes

How did you connect your Yahoo account to eBookJapan? I can’t seem to find it on their website :frowning:

Edit: Do you have to make your own Yahoo Japan account? (So a standard Yahoo account doesn’t work?)

Its been a while but I followed the steps here
Yes, you will need a Yahoo Japan account. Unfortunately can’t use a non Japan one.

After it is linked you can login to the new app.

This is what the page looks like after your Yahoo Japan account is linked

3 Likes

Thank you!! :smiley: I’m really excited for this book club to start :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I just signed up for ebookjapan this week to get this book. I used my gmail account. I am not sure if you are asking about how to connect a yahoo account, or are you asking if a Japanese yahoo account required, which it is not.

2 Likes

Haha, I was talking about getting a Yahoo Japan account so I could download the newer app that @zefeldo was talking about. It’s a lot better for newer iPhones. Also, you get a coupon for half off one item when you sign up with a Yahoo Japan account! :smiley:

1 Like

The font used is giving me some issues, but I don’t plan for Sailor Moon to be a “right now” read. I’ve read it before in English, so I have some context if I get confused. :smiley:

I’m sorry for already starting, but I had a question regarding the vocab 登場編 (とうじょうへん) in the google doc. In short two questions about below story: is it actually correct? If so, would it be a valuable addition to the doc?

In the past I’ve watched too much detective Conan, so in my mind and this context 編/へん as a suffix means something like chapter, volume, part of a story. Looking at the Jisho entry for this kanji I feel this is at least partially correct. (Is it??)
The google doc doesn’t really address this, and translates the entire vocab as ‘appearance’. So I think a remark regarding the suffix might add some information, as 登場 without the suffix already seems to mean appearance.

I know I could be totally off the mark here, and wouldn’t dare changing someone elses work on my own. Your opinions?

Yeah, I think I’d translate it as something close to “Introductory Chapter” (it’s the chapter’s name, right?), though that feels a little stilted. Probably something more smooth is possible.

1 Like

Sorry I didn’t mention it. Yeah, it’s the chapter name. Thanks for the reply.

I think I’ll change it into ‘Introductory chapter; chapter of appearance’ then, with a note on the last kanji being a suffix.

I order this book from amazon but stupidly got the english one :tired_face:

5 Likes

There isn’t an English version of しろくまカフェ. Did you mean Chi’s Sweet Home?

I haven’t been able to find one in English (But I do have Chii’s Sweet Home in English =^_^= I had it in English way before I was ready to read it in Japanese :wink: )

i thought this was it finding it on UK amazon for cheap. but it is not and now ive gotta send it back haha

1 Like

Ah, I’ve got that. It’s… weird. And a little bit creepy.

Does anyone have any recommendations for specific grammar points to focus on for chapter 1? I’m a little overwhelmed and don’t know where to start (unless it’s just “start Tae Kim/ Genki” etc.).