しろくまカフェ Vol 1: Absolute Beginner Book Club

Count me in. I’m starting to feel anxious/nervous about reading my first book in Japanese.

3 Likes

Btw, could anyone please link me to the correct manga?

It’s the bis version. If you want to get the other books as well the bis has 4 books, and the old one has 5.

The one from the link is not available to be sbipped to my country. I also found a different version. Does it work? https://www.amazon.co.jp/しろくまカフェ-todays-special-1-愛蔵版コミックス/dp/4087920119

No, that’s Today’s Special, which is a completely new series.

Today’s special is a different one. If you can’t get the “bis” edition, there’s the regular edition as well, but be aware that you’re going to miss some chapters.

You could also try to buy a used bis edition, sometimes other sellers on the amazon marketplace will sell to different countries.

1 Like

CDJapan ships to Mexico: CDJapan : Shirokuma Cafe bis 1 (Collector's Edition Comics) Higa Aloha BOOK

1 Like

Thank you! I will order it ASAP. :grin:

1 Like

My girlfriend and I are taking our first trip to Japan in early March, and I happen to be getting back the same day this reading group is starting, so I’m excited to try and pick up the manga while I’m over there and join in.

11 Likes

Really jealous! Enjoy Japan!

This will be my first book club! I am excited to try this out and learn new words and grammar in context! :heart::heart::heart:

6 Likes

Finally I can read along. Purchased the set over the weekend from a secondhand bookstore :grin:

7 Likes

I could just order these from Amazon, but I’m going to use this as an excuse to visit Kinokuniya to see if they have it and to practice reading and speaking while I’m there. I just wish it weren’t so far away from me :frowning:

3 Likes

Ordered the “bis” set on eBay because I love Shirokuma Cafe and used to watch the show, so I know I’ll enjoy these enough to read them all at some point, even if the group only goes through the first one. I’m excited this will be my first book to attempt to read in Japanese! See y’all in a month or so. In the mean time I’m gonna be doing my best to get to around level 10 of WK by then. :smiley:

8 Likes

Hello everyone! New here and a newbie in reading. Got my ebook version and am really excited to start! Thanks!

5 Likes

Since I previously only owned today’s special, I have ordered the first two volumes of bis.

I CAN HAZ SHIROKUMA!

3 Likes

My books arrived today! I was looking up Book Off to find the nearest one to me, when I saw you could order online as well.

This was the order they were arranged and my boyfriend joked that they were in the order of which would die first from global warming D: when I said the panda came before the penguin, he said, even better, it’s now in the order of most to least endangered species ;___;

24 Likes

I ended up ordering from the Amazon US link since the overseas shipping was so expensive. It may get here late, but it was worth it in my opinion.

Can i join aswell?

4 Likes

Only if you have a profile pic
Yes! Of course! You are very welcome!

7 Likes