しろくまカフェ Vol 1: Absolute Beginner Book Club

You cannot download a file. You can open it on the web, or with an App. I know there are at least for iPhone and iPad

Ordered a copy, we’ll see how this goes…

Haha, seems my copy is going to take a ~while~ to get here, but even so it should arrive no later than March 14th, so I won’t get to late a start. :stuck_out_tongue:

Wait, you can‘t download the e-book, if you buy it from e-book japan or others? O_o

I’m not sure how this particular site works, but yes, usually the majority of e-book services have a protected file format that only allows them to be read on the provider’s app or site.

Ok, i always thpught you are able to download the ebooks XD now I have one more reason to only buy physical editions. only that way I really own the book. Besides, the experience of the paper between the fingers and the smell of a new book adds alot to the reading, in my opinion.

But I believe there are probably options to rip the ebooks from the apps or soemthing. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Oh this is perfect, thank you! I will add all corresponding page numbers for the old version in the Google Doc then. For the ebook it will probably be best if someone who has it does the same?

At least for the Kindle this is getting harder and harder (Japanese ebooks beikg a bit special doesn’t help either). It just recently took me annoyingly long to get this to wprk. In the end I had to install an old version of the Kindle app on a Windows virtual machine…
(If one would do such things, one could probably find pdfs of the manga thought; I’m not ashamed to say that I bought all volumes but when I will be going to Japan I will not be taking them with me and willl be reading the .pdf instead because that is when the book club starts).

About the page numbers: for now I’m adding this info in a separate sheet so that I’m not messing with the vocabulary lists. When the lists are done or while they are being built, we could look the page numbers up in that sheet.

I hope that is OK, otherwise please let me know or move the info…

There’s totally NO free pdf’s on the internet, if anyone is interested.

2 Likes

I seem to be getting better rates from CDJapan than Amazon JP as far as delivery to continental Europe is concerned.

I think everyone is aware they can steal it if they want to.

4 Likes

I think AmazonJP is only Priority level shipping so make sure you comparing the prices for the same speed.

I added the list. I tried to exclude the page numbers for all special pages and based on the numbers of pages by chapter I calculated where they are in the new version.

I hope I made no mistakes, I should probably double check it again later…Please correct any mistakes if you find them.

23 Likes

Ordered from CD Japan but looks like they are short on stock so it will take a while… should be no problem since the start date is more than a month away.

Also bought a grammar guide along with it this time. In the last book club I wasn’t really making a full effort on the grammar side of things as it was all new to me and it was overwhelming to deal with the new vocabulary and grammar too. Hopefully I have accrued more vocab since then and I can really start to study the grammar more seriously. :slight_smile:

1 Like

it seems to be very popular – I had to go to 3 different bookstores to find one that had it in stock.

I always order from amazon.co.jp the shipping is so amazing fast and I think the shipping costs are still fair. I ordered three books on wednesday and they are to be delivered today (friday)

1 Like

further to what leebo said, I think you can morally rationalise stealing the pdf copy if you’ve ordered the book and you are just waiting on it’s arrival.

1 Like

Count me in! Great, thanks a lot.

That is awesome!

1 Like

Really good job! I can’t see this being an issue at all now :smiley:

1 Like