しろくまカフェ Vol 1: Absolute Beginner Book Club

Oh neat, I just found out there’s a Kinokuniya near me. (Well, an hour, that’s not too far)

Good thing because figuring out how to buy the ^&*(^&() thing has been the obstacle that’s stopped me from doing this every time.

3 Likes

This real cafe looks nice :blush: would totally love to visit this place

3 Likes

It is interesting that the „bis“ version has only 4 volumes while the original has 5. So if we ever decided to do the later volumes, we would probably be running into more differences. My guess is that „bis 1“ covers some content from the original volumes 1 and then a bit of 2 but I have no idea. We‘ll find out soon enough :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

yeah, i believe this might be the case. i thinl about getting the reprint as well. already own the original, though :thinking:

1 Like

There are so many of us with the original (because it is just prettier, let’s be honest :wink::wink:) that we will have to make clear anyway which chapter or page corresponds to what. So I think there should be no need to get both.

Maybe we could even add a second „Page Number (Original Version)“ column to the google sheet once we get to the chapters where the numbers are different? That would make things easy for everyone, I hope. But for the first 80 or so pages that won’t be an issue anyway.

3 Likes

Yes, I wanted to get the original version because it’s cuter (〃ω〃) but unfortunately the complete set in amazon jp doesn’t deliver to my country and using forwarding service is too much hassle so I decided to go with the bis version. Hope it doesn’t cause much confusion in the discussion later.

2 Likes

@emucat, would you mind switching the title of this thread so that しろくまカフェ comes first and ‘Absolute Beginner Book Club’ second? I’m getting muddled up between this and the book club thread ^^

4 Likes

Gosh, Miss. Stop being adorable.

2 Likes

I’m a total beginner… and am intimidated by this book xD but I hope with your help, I will progress so much faster! I actually already tried the first page by myself and it took me… very… long… :smiley:

I forgot to add: In The Netherlands it’s really tricky to get japanese books. (super long delivery time and expensive as well…) does anyone know a European site or ebook source where I can more easily buy my copy?

1 Like

amazon.co.jo works fine from austria, I imagine it would be the same from the netherlands?

(also in some cases I use tenso to forward stuff that doesn’t ship here when I really, really want it)

1 Like

How many chapters does your have?

I might read this one, where is Australia are you? Is that the online site or a specific store?

Done! But just because I also had that issue :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Ahaha :blush:

Just downloaded the e-book, looks absolutely terrifying to me at the moment (I’m 3/4 of the way through Japanese for Busy People I) but I’m excited by the opportunity to read something so cute!

2 Likes

no u

94dc3b33547901664cc65fd74ed4f42083cc2d26_hq

9 Likes

You aren‘t alone :joy: it looks a bit overwhelming :sweat_smile: a graded reader would had bern probably more my level, actually :rofl:

2 Likes

I had the same thought! And now there’s rolling pandas ahhh :scream: @MissMisc

2 Likes

I think 24? Based on the table of contents… Or maybe 21 regular ones.

In the last real chapter they are taking a trip to Hawaii :hibiscus:
How about yours?

Oh oh…

Chapter 21 seems to be about Halloween
Chapter 24 seems to be about something about the Penguin being seated, or his dimensions
Chapter 28 seems to be about the Polar Bear being a baby and being raised

1 Like