しろくまカフェ Vol 1: Absolute Beginner Book Club

boom

11 Likes

I feel like this is the one that @emucat purchased yeah? Is it the same content as Shirokuma Cafe or a different story? am confused slightly

Yes, this is the one. It’s a reprint,as the old one is not longer available. The story should be the same…

I can post some pictures to compare if someone has the old one

3 Likes

Ah okay, that makes more sense!

I wasn’t originally planning to join this book club, but since it seems you will be reading しろくまカフェ and Chi’s, which I’ve wanted to read for a while now, I think it will be nice to read alongside all of you.

7 Likes

I think that might be good to check, just in case.

Here are page 4 and 5 of the old version (Shirokuma Café - Baka-Updates Manga) Chapter 1 starts at page 5 in this version.
Sorry, image is a bit crappy…

1 Like

It’s the same for the story, but the page about the coffee (not related to the story it’s in page 58)

3 Likes

I see. But at least page 59 matches again so seems to be close enough for our purposes. Yay!

1 Like

And the table of contents:

3 Likes

Yippee!! :smiley:

I’ll join up this time too. I’ve seen a few of these come and go, so this time I’ll join in on the fun!

Only thing is, I’m going to be in Japan late March - early April, so I won’t be able to do much then. After that I’ll be more active.

2 Likes

Yaay! \o/ Can’t wait to read it!

3 Likes

Hmmmm… maybe we have to compare the pages after page 98 because there are some pages in color there and maybe the differences start at that point. Because the ToC seems different.

Table of Contents

page 80/81
IMG_3576

page 88/89
IMG_3577

page 144/145

3 Likes

Honestly, I wasn’t super interested in joining, but now that I’ve seen what the inside of the book looks like…

8 Likes

Just ordered the book. I hope it truly is Absolute Beginner level. I look forward to reading with the group.

4 Likes

Page 80 is the same, but not the others.
My page 81 is your page 145… weird…

I think if we read by chapter, instead that by page, we should be good

2 Likes

Yeah, definitely seeing the inside of the book is making me more motivated too!

4 Likes

It is interesting. I’ve seen some people say that Shirokuma Café is the most boring anime they’ve ever seen while others absolutely love it. For me it is the only anime that I enjoyed watched and I love it dearly. I think the anime is even cuter than the manga but I’m still very much looking forward to reading it.

I don’t know… to be honest, when I bought it, it still felt a bit overwhelming for me. That was maybe a year ago. Now it seems nice and easy. But maybe if there was a book club and I was more motivated to fight through it, I would have managed it as an absolute beginner.

Yup. :+1:
Just a good thing to be aware of. Otherwise I would have messed up the page numbers in the google doc for later chapters.

4 Likes

We can do eet together!!

6 Likes

I just ordered myself a copy.

cracks knuckles

Let’s get to reading.

6 Likes