しろくまカフェ Vol 1: Absolute Beginner Book Club

Really looking forward to this! Thanks for the heads up about the missing chapters at the end of the old version. I just ordered volume 2 to supplement :relaxed:

3 Likes

I added a few entries. Question: is it really supposed to be „Vocab (Hiragana)“, wouldn’t Kana make more sense?

Example: I added „コーヒー“ instead of adding it in Hiragana, I saw that another book club was doing it like that too and it would make more sense to me. Am I wrong about this?

1 Like

I’m in like Flynn. The estimated shipping date is Feb 26 - Mar 18. Fingers crossed it’s before the 13th XD

3 Likes

Agreed, kana would make more sense. It doesn’t really matter much, but it may prevent confusion or someone creating an extra katakana column later.

2 Likes

Ok, I’m reading this alongside with 少女終末旅行.
Count me in!

5 Likes

Im in but my book may not get here till mid march

I’m very exited to join in. I hope I won’t get discouraged at first. Because my grammar skills are very rusty and I don’t know lots of vocab. But even if I do, it’s a fun first japanese book and I will definitely want to finish it at some point.

I will be in Japan from March 8th on. So I plan on buying the book there!
And maybe visiting the cafe. It looks fun.

6 Likes

Amazing! Thank you so much!
I’m still waiting for my book so for now, I am not able to help at all :disappointed:

1 Like

Yes, I agree. I think Kana would fit better .

1 Like

Ah, i misu derstood your post. All good

1 Like

sorry if this has been asked already, but does anyone know what format ebook japan books are? wondering if i could get it on my kindle from there, as i’m not seeing digital copies on amazon.

I don’t think ebookjapan supports kindle, they have their own app or something, and you can also read it on the website. :slight_smile:

Ah, that’s too bad. I wanted to use my kindle for this one… hmmm, okay. I’ll figure something else out. Thanks!

1 Like

Meanwhile, all these online book sellers are probably wondering why Shirokuma is suddenly flying off the shelves all at once…

11 Likes

Oh dear, my “bis” copy just arrived and I wish I had gone for the earlier edition now. It’s so small!

2 Likes

Size doesn’t matter, or at least my wife says so

13 Likes

style-comes-in-all-shapes-and-sizes-therefore-i-the-4027968

8 Likes

I think they wonder that about all of the book club titles.
I get suggested other WK community book-club titles on Amazon now.

5 Likes

Being books, I assume it isn’t that hard for them to guess :wink:
But it’s probably a bit more unusual with mangas though :rofl:

Are there any Book clubs that does mangas other than us? Not that I know of =P

Thank you for putting this together!