ええええええええ?! (Kristen is gone!)

I found it strange that Kristen was absent in the last two Tofugu podcast episodes and I also noticed that Michael and Koichi’s vibe was just off. Did anyone else feel the same?

4 Likes

She stopped posting WK weekly updates at the end of July, too :thinking:

2 Likes

She’s still listed as contributor though

2 Likes

That just means she has posts on the Tofugu website and contribute(s/d) regularly. Which is true, but that’s not a staff position.

3 Likes

The only thing I can think of that isn’t sad is if she got transferred to EtoEto fulltime and doesn’t have time to post on the forums anymore, or write articles for the site… :worried:

7 Likes

Her account wouldn’t be anonymized for that though. She just wouldn’t be active in that case.

10 Likes

I wonder how much Googling people have done in an attempt to find Kristen and solve this mystery :face_with_monocle:

10 Likes

Yeah… I’m a sad durtle right now.
I hope that when I wake up, there will be a perfectly reasonable explanation for what’s going on.
More seriously, she probably won’t see this message, but wishing her the best for whatever comes next. WK and the forums won’t be the same without her.

16 Likes

Discourse bug?

hopeful

4 Likes

Maybe? https://meta.discourse.org/t/changing-profile-picture-results-in-account-becoming-anonymous/87628

???

2 Likes

I don’t think Google can handle this job. We need to consult Wolfram Alpha.

2 Likes

:man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

13 Likes

She does have a Twitter account you can find in her old staff profile. There’s nothing posted related to Tofugu or WaniKani recently, though.

2 Likes

omg you guys!!!

KRISTEN WAS JUST CYRUS ALL ALONG

27 Likes

:open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth:

31 Likes

Sad, if she really did leave. :< Hopefully to better things she’s excited about, and under positive circumstances.

5 Likes

Maybe now is the time to inquire about letting Melon out on good behaviour?!

10 Likes

Nah, Kristen was kidnapped by the Melon

6 Likes

I kinda want to tag Koichi…

11 Likes

I agree, the anonymized account is curious. It could be an accident, but even if it’s not, they don’t have to explain all their behind-the-scenes and/or personal decisions to us.

7 Likes