【LV1-5 w/ Template】Tell me about your recent やったー! moment

さいきん、「やったー!」って思ったことをおしえてください。

Tell me about your recent “Yay!” moment.

Template

When I felt “yay!” recently is the time I did [THINGS YOU DID].

さいきん、「やったー!」って思ったのは、[THINGS YOU DID]をしたときです。

Note1: If you have things you want to say but don’t know how to write it in Japanese, just try to write some parts (eve just some words) and ask me how to write the rest! I can teach you or provide some hints. :orange_heart:

Note2: This thread is meant to be beginner-friendly. If you are an advanced learner, please be kind by putting furigana on the LV6+ kanji by using the following HTML! :angrymami:

<ruby>漢字<rt>かんじ</rt></ruby>
3 Likes

最近、「やったー!」って思ったのは、ワニカニのレベル三十をした時です。

7 Likes

おお!!すごいー。おめでとう\(^o^)/

1 Like

先週(せんしゅう)同僚(どうりょう)()いた科学論文(かがくろんぶん)出版(しゅっぱん)することができると()われました。この研究(けんきゅう)四年間(よんねんかん)以上(いじょう)かかりました。ほぼ()わりました。やったー!

Last week, I found out that a paper I wrote was accepted for publication in a scientific journal. The research for it took over four years… It’s (officially) almost finished now, so yay!!

4 Likes

今週こんしゅう水曜日すいようび下町したまちって、中古のゲームのみせで中古のポケモンブラック2をいました。ゲームをあそんだときさきのプレーヤーのポケモンがいました。わたしほかのゲームにつよいポケモンをおくって、あたらしいゲームをはじめました。

This Wednesday, I went downtown and bought a used Pokemon Black 2 from a used games store. When I played the game, the previous player’s Pokemon were there. I sent the strong Pokemon to my other games, and started a new game.

This was one of my longer posts in Japanese, and I used google translate only to sanity check it after, so please critique hard!

1 Like

ワニカニの復習(ふくしゅう)2747問(もん)を果(は)たしました。とても安心(あんしん)です。

その気持ち(きもち)は

やった!

3 Likes

私の人生は少し退屈(たいくつ)です。でも、今日はワニカニでレベル5を成りました!

やった!

3 Likes

HelloTalkというアプリでポストしました。それで、あまり修正(しゅうせい)された文がありませんでした。

”やった!私の文法(ぶんぽう)が良(よ)くなった!”と思(おも)いました。たくさん文法がまだ知(し)りませんけど、こういう体験(たいけん)のおかげで自信(じしん)が上(あ)がりました。

1 Like

わたし最近さいきんのやったーしゅんかんはやっぱり。。。

あるゲームの最終さいしゅうボスとのたたかいをった時だった。

ほんとにつらかった :cry:

うわー!おつかれさまです。何についてかいたろんぶんなんですか?

つよいポケモンをゲットできてラッキー\(^o^)/

わおー!おつかれさまでした。

やった! Btw, 成る is often written in hiragana.

いいですね!どんどんれんしゅうして、がんばりましょう\(^o^)/

ちなみに、「自信(じしん)がつく」というひょうげんもありますよ。

そんなにつよいラスボスだったんですね。
おつかれさまです!

4 Likes

修正してくれてありがとうございます!

はい!覚えてみます。

どういたしまして!ぜひぜひ〜

昨日、UCLAのBruin Linguistics Societyに入ったよっかた!本当によかったです。今、UCLAの大学生で四年生です。専攻は言語学です。今年、日本語4の授業をうけますが日本語3の時は一年前。ちょっと難しいです!

おそらく、日本語(にほんご)(わたし)質問(しつもん)(こた)えるが(むずか)しすぎると(おも)っています。

(At least to answer the way I would want to…)

私たちは、(ちょう)進化(しんか)について()きました。

The short answer: We wrote about evolution of butterflies.

たくさんの種類(しゅるい)毛虫(けむし)は、唯一(ゆいいつ)一種類(いっしゅるい)植物(しょくぶつ)()べることができます。毛虫(けむし)は、(わる)()(もの)()べるたら、生きるのを(たす)ける遺伝子(いでんし)たちがあります。(わたし)たちはこの遺伝子(いでんし)たちを研究(けんきゅう)しました。

The slightly longer answer: Many species of caterpillar are able to eat only kind of plant. If they eat food that is bad for them (like a different species of plant than usual), they have genes that help them to live, at least for a little while. We studied those genes.

(わたし)たちの研究(けんきゅう)は、どうやって(べつ)種類(しゅるい)の蝶は(べつ)植物(しょくぶつ)()べるのが進化(しんか)しましたとわかるに(たす)けています。

Sorry, I’m really at a loss as to how to express this grammatically:
Our research helps us to understand a little bit about how different butterfly species have evolved to eat different kinds of plants.

…Man, this takes the concept of “explain like I’m five” to a whole other level :rofl:

日本ごで「I had a job interview and passed」ってどう言うか。

おめでとうございます。
言語学で、どんなことをべんきょうしていますか?

Hey! You did a great job. There weren’t many corrections.
すごくおもしろいけんきゅうですね。
おしえてくれてありがとう!

「仕事(しごと)の面接(めんせつ)を受()けて、受()かりました。」
だよ\(^o^)/

2 Likes

そうですか?ありがとうございました。

あの、第二(だいに)(こた)えを()いてもいいですか。

最近(さいきん)、「やったー!」って(おも)ったのは、日本語(にほんご)でマミ先生と科学(かがく)について(はな)しました。論文(ろんぶん)()(かた)がやさしいですよ。

Edit: can I also ask you, what does か mean in this sentence:
…進化したのを理解するのを手助けしています。
If I’m understanding the rest of the edits correctly here (I may not be…), the other particles there would nominalize the verb (進化する) in the case of の, and indicate the thing that we understand in the case of を. I’m not clear on what か does though, if that’s the case. ありがとうございます。

今日、おれ当てたあてたうちげん昔々むかしむかし

What I was trying to convey is:
“Today I guessed the “inner saying”(i.e. “meaning”) of 昔々 kanji” based purely on context(though, it wasn’t really because of anything special. I got a graded reader, and I am supposed to be reading a folk/fairy tale. Those typically start with “once upon a time”, so I figured the Japanese way of saying that is 昔々).
However, since “meaning”, as well as “reading” comes in a later level, and I wanted to do this on my own, so I had to settle for weird.

うわー!うれしい\(^o^)/

As for か…Tae Kimさんのせつめいをおかりします。Check 3 「か」 used in relative clauses! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, that makes sense! I guess it just threw me off a bit being in the middle of the sentence, as I hadn’t come across that before, even though the meaning was clear. ありがとうございました。

1 Like