“Shake, try again” vs “Red, that’s wrong” Script request

Wow, is that what we do? I had no idea! So the reading with the pink background is actually that kanji’s most common reading? That’s good to know.

(I thought it was just the on-yomi [or something] - does this mean that the on’yomi [and I still don’t get what that is, yes I have read the article everyone is about to link to] is always the most common reading?)

Yes. The idea is that if you see a new word that uses kanji you already know, you should have a good chance of correctly guessing its reading.

Kanji that are put together (without ひらがな) almost always use the on’yomi readings. So yeah, a vast majority of the pink kanji reviews are asking you for the on’yomi. You can use this script to keep straight which readings are which: [Userscript] WaniKani Katakana Madness

It’ll make your kanji (pink) reviews display on’yomi readings in カタカナ :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I don’t use scripts (I know that if I did, I’d be at level 60 without learning a single thing!) but your answer is super helpful! Thank you @jbradleyc!

i’m using Reorder in 1:1 mode. i’m convinced i need to see the reading first.

i’m actually speaking japanese all day long, i could live completely without english - only readings and the vocab.
wouldn’t it be nice if you had an option to nope out of unneeded content? would make me a happy camper.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.