Your worst typos WaniKani has accepted

why do i always do this :joy: one for blocklist?

2 Likes

rice paddy

Hi, I have a good one!
Since I am french, there are a few words I just don’t know in english.
And it took me a while to realize that this kanji/radical 田 means “Rice paddy” and not “Rice paddle”. But Wanikani did not told me about it as I answered “rice paddle” again and again and again throughout my reviews lol. I just discovered it by myself one day.:sweat_smile:

7 Likes

:joy: :joy: :joy: “angerius” :joy: :joy:

@JenK Not sure where to put this. At some point I accidentally started thinking 緩 was “lose” instead of “loose” and it hasn’t been correcting me!

3 Likes

Few days ago I got Few tears accepted for few years 数年, and guess the last few years were definitely worth few tears, but still :joy:

4 Likes

Ah yes, it’s too close to ‘loose’. I’ll add it to the blocklist.

1 Like

This one actually was a typo, glad it caught it.

Edit: I am making several silly typos today.

6 Likes

Wanikani is like the assigned driver who brings you home when you’re drunk.
(I was not drunk)

6 Likes

Uh…

7 Likes

@Mods one for the block list?

3 Likes

@Mods could you add this to the block list please?

I’m willing to bet that I’m not the only person to constantly confuse 欠 and 次

8 Likes

Sure, it’s been added :+1:

4 Likes

Thank you! I appreciate it

2 Likes

Close, just 36,000 off :slight_smile:

8 Likes

:thinking:

13 Likes

10 Likes

I submitted the transitive “to put between” instead of the intransitive “to get between” for 挟まる, and it was accepted as correct. @Mods, could you add “to put between” to the block list for this vocab, please?

4 Likes

Sure, I’ve added it now!

2 Likes

I might as well have typed wingdings! This is what happens when your knuckles hit the bottom of your desk (keyboard tray) as you try to type standing up lol

2 Likes

whoops. @Mods ? or is it too close to being a ‘village’ typo that it’d be cruel to block it?

2 Likes