Your worst typos WaniKani has accepted

I might have to start using this, because for the love of Crabinator, I can’t get government-run business and government business right…

1 Like

yeah, figured :sweat_smile: thanks Rachel!

1 Like

So it’s not exactly a typo, but I forgot the meaning of 口にする and I just typed “to a” and it was accepted as correct. Remember this when you gotta do an “a”

4 Likes

When you put your fingers on the wrong part of the keyboard but ‘lightyear’ gets approved anyway.
( /^ ▽ ^ )/

4 Likes

not really a typo…but yeah not quite

2 Likes

So WaniKani can accept all this nonsense, but it does this to me?

2 Likes

I’ve found it does this when the word you type is a ‘real’ word in their catalogue already.

i.e. the other day I slipped and wrote (something like) ‘say’ instead of ‘day’ and it marked it wrong.

Actually, it’s the fact that the word is so short. Messing up a couple of letters when the answer is ten letters long is not a large percentage error. Messing up one letter when the answer is only three letters long is 33% of the answer.

Incorrect answers that are also real words aren’t blocked automatically - they need to be added to the block list automatically by admins if it’s felt that doing so would be appropriate (for example, you’d block “north” as an answer for “south” and vice versa, because you could be reasonably expected to confuse the two, but you wouldn’t make a point of blocking “day” as an answer for “say”).

5 Likes

ahem

6 Likes

Ah thank you for correcting my misconception! This makes a lot more sense, now I’ve put two seconds thought into it.

2 Likes

Whoops.

2 Likes

Not a typo but not right either.

2 Likes

10 Likes

when you have so many bums in one room you need to start numbering them?

1 Like

That’s… not even close

7 Likes

welllllll
this, folks, is what happens when i type when i’m still in the “thinking through to try and solidify in my brain” phase
it’s ‘to criticise’ i just forgot to open the details when i screenshotted whoops

7 Likes

When those foreign relations require a little bit of magic…

9 Likes

I seco… cough. THIRD that. Imagine practicing with changing font to better get used to different fonts all while doing wanikani.

Heck. Am I the only one who suddenly starts thinking of allomancy? #Mistborn

maybe one for the block list?

2 Likes